Flyaways?

Fly-away is a verb not a noun. ;)

Fly-away is a verb not a noun. ;)
For the layperson maybe not.. In this case it is used as one. It absolutely fits in the context of this forum I mean... It is a "person, place or thing." ;)

Cool,

Send me a picture of a fly-away then. :p

Cool,

Send me a picture of a fly-away then. :p
Ok I'll play. You want a picture of a fly-away. I have them. They are stored on my hard drive. Right next to pictures of "Faith" and "Trust"

Back atcha :p

Thank you for the analysis.

So the question is, why wouldn't it allow me to exercise manual control, especially to bring it toward the home point?

When you say "manual control"...there is 2 possibilities that I think you might be making reference to. (1) One of those could be you're referring to switching the R/C into A-mode which is Atti mode. Unfortunately you did not use that option. Had you used A-mode you would more then likely have your A/C sitting next to you. (2) The other possibility that you were probably referring to, is why when you were moving the R/C levers around were you not able to control the A/C. The main reason for this before reaching the 24% mark on the smart battery was due to placing the flight into HomeLock. In order to do that you have to switch the flight mode switch into P-mode. At that point you are limited to using the IOC modes and RTH. The IOC modes can be overridden as I say by RTH and Battery failure commands. Soon after your A/C went into the 24% range, the smart battery commands took over and returned part of the flight mode to CourseLock, and the other part into FailSafe mode.

The FailSafe mode entered the A/C into AutoLand to the end of the flight. The Smart Battery software added to autoland by including it's own set of landing stages. Those began briefly after autoland started. The Smart Battery stages were -- WarningPowerLanding, SmartPowerLanding, and in this situation ended with SeriousLowVoltageLanding.

Like I mentioned in a earlier post, this flight was the 1st of it's kind that I have ever looked over the data. I actually think I will print this one and frame it. I have never seen so many (in my words) red flags for different error point where any one of those errors should have brought this drone down. Dji has obviously reached the mark that the A/C does not come down until it actually reached 0% remaining charge in the battery. Had you flown this flight 3-4 months earlier, the flight would have been over with in the 3 minute window.

It would have been epic had you been able to save it from the water.

Reactions: Fantasmagorico
But the app acts like a flight recorder so that the flight data can be analysed and the cause of the incident can be found.
A case where we never really know if it's an authentic electronic failure could occur with a P2 but doesn't happen very often nowdays with the P3.

Point taken, and. I have yet to look at my own birds telemetry data, haven't needed to yet as I have had no issues why.? I don't fly in wind and I never update, hopefully peace be with me.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

When you say "manual control"...there is 2 possibilities that I think you might be making reference to. (1) One of those could be you're referring to switching the R/C into A-mode which is Atti mode. Unfortunately you did not use that option. Had you used A-mode you would more then likely have your A/C sitting next to you. (2) The other possibility that you were probably referring to, is why when you were moving the R/C levers around were you not able to control the A/C. The main reason for this before reaching the 24% mark on the smart battery was due to placing the flight into HomeLock. In order to do that you have to switch the flight mode switch into P-mode. At that point you are limited to using the IOC modes and RTH. The IOC modes can be overridden as I say by RTH and Battery failure commands. Soon after your A/C went into the 24% range, the smart battery commands took over and returned part of the flight mode to CourseLock, and the other part into FailSafe mode.

The FailSafe mode entered the A/C into AutoLand to the end of the flight. The Smart Battery software added to autoland by including it's own set of landing stages. Those began briefly after autoland started. The Smart Battery stages were -- WarningPowerLanding, SmartPowerLanding, and in this situation ended with SeriousLowVoltageLanding.

Like I mentioned in a earlier post, this flight was the 1st of it's kind that I have ever looked over the data. I actually think I will print this one and frame it. I have never seen so many (in my words) red flags for different error point where any one of those errors should have brought this drone down. Dji has obviously reached the mark that the A/C does not come down until it actually reached 0% remaining charge in the battery. Had you flown this flight 3-4 months earlier, the flight would have been over with in the 3 minute window.

It would have been epic had you been able to save it from the water.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. At no time was I in P mode. I was always in F mode. I have now learned that switching to Atti mode might have allowed me to resume control. I didn't think about it then because everything was happening too fast, and anytime I let go of the control, expecting stabilization, the a/c flew farther fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers