Flyaways are real...

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
I'm not totally surprised. Did they answer your question about the uncommanded vertical motion?
Nope. Regardless of what I said, I "flew it into the ground." I spoke with some young dude in New Jersey this morning and told them I've been flying everything between a Mavic and M600, hold a commercial pilot's certificate, was a qualified SAR pilot w/ the Civil Air Patrol, retired cop, and I don't panic; they were not impressed.

Nope. Regardless of what I said, I "flew it into the ground."
That figures....for lack of any other positive at this point. It was an aircraft or RC issue which you had no control of....It seems this is the way DJI works sometimes, it is a luck of the draw, or so it seems, depending on the individual(s), that may review the data supplied from you to them. Wish we could do more for you, other than say "sorry for the loss of the AC". Sometimes that just isn't enough. Peace....

In the interest of full disclosure- The local dealer, Innovative UAS, Scottsdale, AZ took up my fight and DJI relented and will replace the P4P. Thank you Micah and Ali. Pays to buy from your local dealer. :)

Good. I thought that you had a reasonable case.

Reactions: Fly Dawg
I've stated before and I'll state this again.. Seems flyaways increased since installation of smart meters, heres a factoid:
When a smart meter contains an RF transmitter: The frequency of operation is typically in the 902 MHz and 2.4 GHz bands. Power output is typically 1 watt in the 902 MHz band and much less in the 2.4 GHz band. The intended range of a transmitter in a smart meter is typically very localized.

I've stated before and I'll state this again.. Seems flyaways increased since installation of smart meters, heres a factoid:
When a smart meter contains an RF transmitter: The frequency of operation is typically in the 902 MHz and 2.4 GHz bands. Power output is typically 1 watt in the 902 MHz band and much less in the 2.4 GHz band. The intended range of a transmitter in a smart meter is typically very localized.
You could take a similar factoid from the specifications for baby monitors, security cameras, traffic lights etc. You can fly in close proximity to mobile telephone cell sites without adverse effects. I think you can comfortably discount the smart meters as contributing entities. To the extent they might be capable of interfering with the control link the outcome would be to initiate a RTH. They can’t link with and fly the AC.

Reactions: N017RW and Fly Dawg
I understand they cannot link or fly the A/C per say, that is obvious.. By transmitting in the frequency you are flying, can cause a spike or interference in the same frequency, its common frequency logic. Controller to bird communication is more (or less) within a direct line with some varience, however, any blocking or inteference of that frequency can cause a LOC, the controller and/or the bird would misinterperet. R/C cars, boats ect. experience this when other operators implement the same frequency.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT