Flyaway questions

Reaction score
Hello. So, I sent my Phantom 1 up to about 400ft last night and then it refused to respond to commands. It slowly drifted for another 10+ minutes as I ran under it before it smashed into the ground in a field (fortunately). I always ALWAYS set, wait, and then verify the return-to-home feature before any flight. Further, the batteries were all fully charged. (obviously, engaging the failsafe, antenna orientation, and ultimately turning off the TX had no effect)

Interestingly, when it did finally begin to land, it didn't seem to engage the 2nd warning that forces a fast landing. It just seemed to lose altitude as it lost power. Further, the flight before this, I lost control, but I was able to conduct a controlled landing. It seemed like none of the directional controls were responding accurately and I had no forward control. It just kind of hovered with no lateral movement.

I bought it about two weeks ago and haven't crashed it until this incident. What happened? How do I fix it?

Have you changed your transmitter batteries at all during that two weeks. I use rechargeable batteries and charge them before every session.

Further, the flight before this, I lost control, but I was able to conduct a controlled landing. It seemed like none of the directional controls were responding accurately and I had no forward control. It just kind of hovered with no lateral movement.

And you took it up again and to 400'! That's asking for trouble.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4