Flyaway prevention tip

Reaction score
Everything I've heard and read online says that you should wait for the rapid green flash before you take off, but as discussed in this thread http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7564 it turns out that if you continue to wait, you will get ANOTHER rapid green flash.

One indicates Home Lock and the other indicates Course Lock. The flash seems identical for each, and I don't know which comes first. Either way, you should wait for both.

I think what he saw was the 6 green flashes that indicate "The aircraft is moved or bias of sensors too big".

On the P2 "Not Stationary or Sensor Bias is too big" is three red flashes, per page 9 of the manual.

For the Naza-M V2, that error is 6 green flashes (page 24 of Quick Start Guide)

But to be clear, what I'm referring to is a long series of green flashes. The Naza guide shows 20 flashes indicate "record forward direction or home point."

So like I said, it's not really clear just what's what, but it does seem clear that two separate sets of 20 flashes is a good thing.

FWIW- on my Phantom 1.1, I always wait for (and get) two sets of green flashes. If I don't get that second set, no flying (though I've yet to have it not happen).

I always wondered why I was getting two sets of greens. Thanks for the info!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4