FlyAway on Video

That blows. Log a case with DJI. Post your TXT log file if you can.

Sounds like this would be the best approach at this point since we're getting different answers here. I myself would like to know why this happened since I assumed the P3 would be somewhat more reliable than the older models.

Sounds like this would be the best approach at this point since we're getting different answers here. I myself would like to know why this happened since I assumed the P3 would be somewhat more reliable than the older models.

And if it's not the users fault then there is every change DJI will repair it. Also, they need to be made aware of the errant behaviour happening out in the field so it can be addressed. It's a safety issue.
There is still work to do on these flying machines obviously.

Reactions: Ken Cruise
Engine failure is the only answer I can come up with. I have flown these birds enough that I could almost fly it blindfolded. The sudden drop and erratic behavior can only mean that.

3rd post down from the top on page two of this conversation, you will find that file.

Thanks for your interest

Thank you very one for all your assistance. I can't seem to find the DAT files to download and post. If someone could direct me I would appreciate it very much. I have tried the mini USB port near the Memory card port and also the one at the front of the Phantom. The one at the front doesn't even register on my PC it is like I am not plugged in at all.

I was wanting to post the txt and cvs files but this site doesn't seem to want to let me upload a cvs file, any ideas??

Thanks
You have to put the Phantom into "flight data recorder" mode before connecting the mini USB (it's the one at the front of the Phantom). You do that using the DJI Pilot app.

Upload the files to Dropbox and share a public link...

You have to put the Phantom into "flight data recorder" mode before connecting the mini USB (it's the one at the front of the Phantom). You do that using the DJI Pilot app.

Upload the files to Dropbox and share a public link...
Thank, I have them. Now for the difficult question... Which one is it? they don't seem to be numbered in a manner consistent with the other files being created. Someone at the top of this page suggested FLY150 and I have one of those (I think) and will post it with the other files on dropbox and let you know when it is done.

OK so here we go .... BTW here is a video of today's short flight just to text both the stability of the Phantom and to test my nerve. It went like a dream.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Now here are the links to yesterday's event. Note that I am not sure the DAT file is the correct one. If anyone can tell me which one I should be looking for I will gladly post that one.

DAT FILE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tigyg9tcyid5nk/FLY150.DAT?dl=0

TXT FILE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yh8ifzszc...015-07-22_[12-08-02].txt.Flytrex (1).csv?dl=0

DJIFlightRecord:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nki403dg957l0t/DJIFlightRecord_2015-07-22_[12-08-02].txt?dl=0

Again I appreciate your efforts. If you need or want anything else please let me know

My Flight Record RoadMap
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437785046.354591.jpg

I found this in pilot app. I had absolutely no control and was not touching any sticks. Note the speed of 63.8mph. No mods, wind speed 2 mph.

There was lots of interest until I posted the DAT and TXT files. Then Nothing.

Did anyone get a chance to examine the files and did they reveal anything?

Thanks

Because of the concerns of late surrounding flyaways and having experienced my first yesterday, I decided I would sign on and post this video, in case it might help others in some way.

What is interesting is that for the first half of the gyrations I had removed my hands from the control sticks completely. As soon as I realized that was not a viable solution I tried adding altitude and forward commands until it started to respond. Worth noting is that I had just completed a fully calibration, IMU, gimbal and compass. I also included DashWare info in case it might assist in some way.

Need to build some nerve to try flying again after this

Great post ... how did you get instruments up on the screen?

i calibrated my compass near an iron yard table the other day and the bird went nuts. i then recalibrate 30 feet away and if flew like a dream. i also notice weird things when i have the bird up next to wall board in my house, must be the metal studs behind the walls.

Because of the concerns of late surrounding flyaways and having experienced my first yesterday, I decided I would sign on and post this video, in case it might help others in some way.

What is interesting is that for the first half of the gyrations I had removed my hands from the control sticks completely. As soon as I realized that was not a viable solution I tried adding altitude and forward commands until it started to respond. Worth noting is that I had just completed a fully calibration, IMU, gimbal and compass. I also included DashWare info in case it might assist in some way.

Need to build some nerve to try flying again after this

Hey

What do you use to make videos with the instruments at the bottom. Very cool.

Ken

Once again, a 'flyaway' preceded by a more than likely completely unnecessary compass calibration.

Just happed to see your message about the flyaway, though for the most part this does not happen that much anymore with all the safe guards Dji and other companies put into their systems, still there are those times whether it be something wrong with the system or something us pilots do it does happen. Because of this for the past few years I have tested a number of GPS systems to help. Most recently if tested and reviewed the FlyTrex Live 3G which in my opinion is one of the best ways to recover your equipment and to make it more interesting it shows the live flight and even rewards you with Badges for accomplisments. And you can have others watch your flight at the same time from anywhere in the world. Not your video, but you flight on a satilite map which will show your trace, battery, speed and much more really cool. Anyhow I am passing this information on to people so if something does go wrong they have an extra chance to find it. Also if you do look at my review check down below it ( Show More ) and you will see a discount code which I asked them for which will give you 15% off. I also show you how to get a low cost sim card which so far the $10.00 90 day 100mb balance after 5 flights is still $9.81 which made me very happy so just over $3 a month with No Contract. Good Luck everyone,

Grandpa Jake

This is the link to my crash. My bird flipped over around 260'. I was landing when it flew away. Call it what you want, I myself call it an issue that needs attention. I've been seeing more and more similar crashes and I think they are all somehow related. The video is rough but it shows what's needed.

...I also included DashWare info in case it might assist in some way.

Wilfros, thank you for your post!

I have been trying to learn dashware but so far I am having a hard time making or using premade meters.

I like your display setup. Would you be willing to send me copy, or post here one, of your setup file that I may try? Thank you.

Wilfros, thank you for your post!

I have been trying to learn dashware but so far I am having a hard time making or using premade meters.

I like your display setup. Would you be willing to send me copy, or post here one, of your setup file that I may try? Thank you.
Hello; I am not sure what you are asking of me but I am willing to try and find it and send it to you. I am more than willing to type out a step by step instruction sheet of the process I go through to get this running. Let me know.

Your location did not look very ideal for helping your compass. I attached a few pics of things in your video I encounter issues when flying near.
Capture4.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture.JPG

If you notice the P# loses it when it comes LOS with the building that seems to have Sats and other trans.rec equipment on it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31