Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FLYAWAY/CRASH REPORT

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by V1pilot, Jan 12, 2014.

1. V1pilot

Please only reply if you have had a flyaway or a crash that was (in your opinion) caused by the Vision and not pilot error. To better understand how/why this issue is happening we need to know the following:

1. Where were you flying (environment)
    2. Weather conditions
    3. Firmware version you had
    4. Which vision did you have (USB plug on TX or without)
    5. Who did you buy it from
    6. Link to your posting or description of what happened

There is a thought as to the problem but we need more information to confirm.

2. HollyFlier

+1

3. amrflyingdude

I like this, hopefully those with flyaways on their record can pith in.

4. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

I was thinking... I wonder if the serial numbers on the P2Vs are sequential. Did they have a bad run? Maybe a database of serial numbers from the problematic Visions would show a pattern...

-slinger

5. BigPig

Hmmmm.... :eek:

6. Ital86

1. Where were you flying (environment): Baseball Field in Folsom Ca. Lat: 38° 41' 19.9536"
    Long: -121° 7' 31.1484" no visible obstructions or interference

2. Weather conditions: Clear/Dry/Winds 0-5mph
    3. Firmware version you had: Out of the Box, I believe it was the version prior to 1.05?
    4. Which vision did you have (USB plug on TX or without): USB plug on inside of TX
    5. Who did you buy it from: Dronefly
    6. Link to your posting or description of what happened: http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4389

7. gpauk

Presumably, everyone that has had a flyaway that would like dji to fix issues in the autopilot....

8. happydogs

excellent...but where do we find that? and, my pv2 is in LA for a repair/replacement.

9. kingcat200

Maybe it's only the vision owners who have a Tx without the USB that may have a problem

O that would be all of us then !!!!!!

10. wildcatter

This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 1/2/2014 3:33:32 PM against DroneFly.com. Your complaint was assigned ID xxxxx

Better Business Bureau has made several attempts to contact the business regarding the above referenced complaint. We regret to inform you that we have not received a response from the company despite our best efforts.

BBB develops and maintains Business Reviews on companies in our service area. In the case of your complaint, the company's failure to give attention to the matter will be reflected in the review we give to consumers about them for three years. This information is available to the public and is frequently used by potential customers.

11. Scottrod

This is a good post. I have a feeling the fly always were solved with the updated firmware though.

12. Scottrod

Every fly away incident I have read about has been with the older firmware. I also followed another post on here a while back discussing the fact that one of the updates on the firmware related to the fly away issue... Whether or not that was true I don't know.