Flyaway but found

Reaction score
Ok so before I unpacked and took my first flight with my Phantom v1.1.1.1 I googled and came on here first. I did the update on naza. I calibrated. Felt like I did everything to the "T".
it has flown perfectly. I nearly always fly in GPS mode (always actually). I wait until it is blinking all green and has found enough satellites to do so. Then this weekend I am letting a friend fly it. I am not 100% certain but pretty certain we did normal preflight routine and lights green. It goes up like normal and as he moves it forward about 20 meters off the ground. all of a sudden lights turn red and yellow flashing and it takes off on its own and not responding to controller. just keeps on at same elevation and same course he sent it. I try to get it into fail safe mode and turn off receiver but nothing. turn back on .. nothing. I start running after it. I give up looking and will just come home empty handed. there it is upside down in the culvert about 1/2 mile from home still flashing red and yellow but motors off at least. completely intact including prop guards. a little dirty but no scratches even.
we go home and thank jesus and baby jesus.
so today I go through whole recalibration including recalibration of compass and imu basic and advanced calibration
it flies just fine. i am trying to recreate anything similar. I fly about 1 foot over my wife's car as if I was going to land on it. again flashing red and yellow but it is responding to the controller still.
I'm at a loss as to what to do about the whole thing...
i trusted this thing perfectly and have turned controller off before to activate the fail safe.
thoughts?

My first flight it tipped over. I righted it and all of a sudden it just shot up into the sky about 40 feet. The remote had no control of it. I thought I was going to lose it in a tree, but it just stayed put. I remembered the RTH feature and turned off the remote. It came home,glory, glory, alleluia. Never a problem again after that.

Did you have your gopro attached to it? If so any chance you accidentally had the wifi on gopro turned on?

Today I noticed that flying directly above my car the LED lights went yellow and red similar to the way you are describing. I had full control still, and as soon as I moved it away from the car they went back to green. Not sure what is causing this, if it's just electromagnetic interference, or something else.

Yesterday I was able to land it on top of my car and it didn't happen, so whatever is causing it, it isn't consistent.

So that red/yellow probably has nothing to do with my flyaway
I will say I think this was with this other battery I have---venom battery but it works for crap in flight time length and I bet that was the issue...garbage time....anyone want it? Lol

Andyman33 said:
So that red/yellow probably has nothing to do with my flyaway

I would bet money that the red/yellow had everything to do with your flyaway. It means your compass is producing completely erratic information.

Andyman33 said:
.... I try to get it into fail safe mode and turn off receiver but nothing.....
To get it in fail safe mode you need to turn off the transmitter! Not the receiver! :)

Don't have it anywhere near your car. When ever I take my P1 near my car boot I get the yellow and red warning led sequence, meaning the compass has a problem.

It appears the compass is very sensitive to anything metal, especially large amounts of metal such as a car roof!

I would never take off from anything near metal, nevermind the car roof.

Also before turning your transmitter off, you should of tried putting it into Atti mode. This ignores a lot of the sensors and I think the compass? It was mentioned by Colin Guinn himself a few months back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.