Fly wifi

Reaction score
Wanting to fly in a downtown that has free wifi for the masses. Is it ok to fly in the area or will i get interference from the large wifi signal?

2.4ghz WiFi "could" give you interference. And the tricky part about flying in a city is that your phantom could fly in and out of WiFi signals without you knowing

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Best way to tell is to do the "More Channels Hack" More channels hack | DJI Phantom Forum then set it up to look at all the channels. Walk around the areas that you want to fly and watch the S/N graph. If all channels are seeing high S/N rates (including those, like channel 30 on up) on the higher end of the graph, then this is a non-starter idea.
However, and to state the obvious, any flight over the downtown section of any city is a bad bad bad idea for many many many reasons.

I often fly in areas where there are many thousands of houses - all will have wifi not to mention all the other noise. Even our buses and trains have free wifi now so it is almost impossible to escape from in ANY city area. P3 seems to cope fine.

I may have answered my own question!! I live in the country and decided to go for a flight today so I stood at the end of my driveway and launched from the road. Didn't think about it at the time but I have full WiFi on my iPad at the end of my driveway where I was standing, from my house WiFi router. Everything flew glitch free, not even a shell crack :). Even went for distance- 1.57klms out, yippee.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair