fly where you feel is right, its working for me

Reaction score
Ok so I flew above height limits in my country, I'm still waiting for a spanking but I knew the shots I took would go viral and had some very sentimental values. I took a video of me flying well above the 120m height limit here, I put nobody in danger because I was technically in a flight path (which no pilot in their wildness madness ideas would have flown where I did. I did have respect and general cop on not to put anyone in danger by flying 224m high in this video http://youtu.be/YRUZF4AGNV0
These chimneys are a Dublin landmark and are at risk of being taken down. Once I heard that they might be collapsed I decided to give everyone the chance to see them from a view that they will never see again. Yeah they may be ugly and need a few licks of paint but I knew that this was a reason to break the rules. I'm not advocating flying into a flight path and if you do you are a ******* but sometimes rules have to be broken. Ive had some scorpy emails about this video but not many, the rest of the viral comments have been very positive which I very much appreciate. My message is... dont do something you shouldnt, but if its for the greater good by all means Get the shot.
Fly safe and smile.
See ya all in court ;)

Maybe the Wall Street journal buying my video amongst many other media outlets around the world buying it could have swayed me a little, but to me, if we didnt have our hobby we couldn't educate and show the world from our perspective.

whats the fb group you've been kicked off?

Cant remember, it was one of a few. It was phantom something de something. There are too many. Who ever it was has no sense of humour and great intellect like PhantomPilots of course ;)

If I genuinely offend someone I'll go out of my way to apologise and make it right. If they are an ******* and they deserve it.... I let rip and get banned. Hey, by my lack of banning here we must all be cool, right?

It is a fantastic video for a good cause. Any aircraft that is that close to those stacks has a lot more to worry about than your Phantom. Good on you.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
If I genuinely offend someone I'll go out of my way to apologise and make it right. If they are an ******* and they deserve it.... I let rip and get banned. Hey, by my lack of banning here we must all be cool, right?
Well, since you swear at us all every time you post with that signature of yours, I am surprised the mods haven't banned you. :lol:

That was a wonderful video and brilliant flying. I'm in awe.

Happyflyer said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Well, since you swear at us all every time you post with that signature of yours, I am surprised the mods haven't banned you. :lol:

God **** it happy, where is that feckin signature box? When I find that lil *&&$$@@###××+×÷÷==%%%%

dirkclod said:
Was that comment really necessary ? :roll:

Dirk, all comments are necessary. Sheesh if we banned people from commenting on my posts the whole fabric of the world would open up, inception, sarcasm within sarcasm ;)

Mal, that link in op needs a space (after video) to make it work :)

Btw, very nice vid. And very lucky, couldv'e been worse ;)

dirkclod said:
Was that comment really necessary ? :roll:
Well, yes and no. Banning would be the no. Mal has provided a large amount of information to many others on this forum. A ban would mean info to come would be lost. That would not be a good idea.
Yes would be that we would not want any possible new person looking here to think that is the normal form of speech here and decide it is not a good place to join. Since the mods have not removed the signature it must be considered acceptable here. I know three other popular forums, nothing to do with RC stuff, that I am a member of, would not allow it.
So it all must be OK............

Wow is my signature box a problem? "God **** it, how does this signature box work???"
Hang on I'll change it.....
I learned that saying from bart simpson which is on daytime tv so I thought it would be ok..... no?

:?:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues