Fly to remote home point.

I looked it up and it's my understanding that Kenargo's Ultimate flight app requires DJI Light Bridge $1200 and will work with "Phantom Vision, Phantom Vision+ and soon, the DJI Inspire 1". So out of my price range and doesn't even work with FC40.

Hi Ramz, you don't need a Lightbridge but you do need a Vision Plus.

Oh and nice work on your mod by the way. Just ignore the jealous trolls.

Hi Ramz, you don't need a Lightbridge but you do need a Vision Plus.

Oh and nice work on your mod by the way. Just ignore the jealous trolls.
So I guess people who fly responsibly are trolls? Obviously what the OP did was irresponsible and acted without thought of others. Did every home owner and driver sign a waiver that a quad copter may crash into them? I'm done with this.

Motocrossed

Have you never flew your quad over any home or building other than your own. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't current law allow for it. I know proposed FAA rules will not. Also I was viewing the quad from the passenger window while the driver followed. I could have switched from failsafe and gained control at any time. So now tell me without some threatening link to a video what I did wrong.

I thought this mod was really clever. You must be a computer wizard to figure out something like this. I would like to do it but wouldn't want to risk my phantom and don't think I am up to the task anyway. I will fly however far I can fpv, but once I start to lose video signal I always come right back. Pretty much limits me to 1500 meters or so wich is plenty

About a year ago there was a good thread about this and yes it does work.

It should be. It is exactly the same as the way Ground Station works, only with but 1 waypoint, the home point.

Disregarding legal issues I pondered this scenario. Place Phantom in middle of open area at home. Install battery and set home point by starting motors and then stopping. Without removing battery drive down the road a couple of miles. Launch from that location with enough altitude to clear any obstacles on rout to home location. Turn off remote and watch phantom fly cross country and land in your yard. I figure I would be good for about 3 miles with my extended battery since I have flown as far away as 1.25 miles and back with plenty battery left. This is just a thought experiment, I would never do it!
This happened to me. I was learning to fly with my p2v+ in a park. The battery was low so i did a Rth. I had trouble landing and hit a tree about a meter up. I cut the motors. I picked it up and put it back in the middle of the park. I re armed and tried to take off. It rose about a meter and did a bee line for the same tree. You need to power cycle to reset it's last known position. In the 3.12 firmware upgrade I think they address this.

Thanks for sharing your mishap. This thread was about using return to home to purposely fly to a location other than where you take off from. Yes power cycle does reset the home point and yes first motor start does set home point on FC40.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik