Fly Litchi without Phone Network

Reaction score
Litchi missions are not stored on my iPhone evidently. So when I am in a location where no cell data is available, how can I "download" a mission to fly?

You have to first cache your maps while you are somewhere with wifi. See page 3 in the manual.

And saving missions is described on page 24 of the manual. It's not done automatically.

In the manual it says they are. I just notice that while not connected to my AC and it's not logged in under missions there was nothing. So I put my phone in airplane mode and logged in and then they showed up.

In the manual it says they are. I just notice that while not connected to my AC and it's not logged in under missions there was nothing. So I put my phone in airplane mode and logged in and then they showed up.
This may be the answer I am looking for. I will try this later today. Thanks all

I just tried to log in while in airplane mode. It will not log in. How did you log in while in airplane mode?

Ok I just redid my steps.

1. Connected to the world not logged in no missions.
2. Connected to the world logged in all missions are there.
3. Airplane mode (should be what happens when you drive to no service) still logged in I have missions and can load them. Also it looks like it cased the maps because I'm not anywhere close to where some of these missions are.

So item in Litchi Help talks about cache map to use in a location without internet. But if missions are not stored in the app and I have to log on, where does that put me? Further, litchi manual states missions are saved in a folder in the app. IOS does not use folder so is litchi referring to Android? Forty years as a licensed engineer and I can not figure this out.

Tnengineer, At your home where you have wifi and data can you see your missions? The only way to see them is to be in waypoint mode of Litchi and tap on the top folder on the left side 3 icons above the play button. (You must be logged in)

Tnengineer, At your home where you have wifi and data can you see your missions? The only way to see them is to be in waypoint mode of Litchi and tap on the top folder on the left side 3 icons above the play button. (You must be logged in)
Yes. When logged in, I can see and load and fly missions.

Now put your phone in airplane mode. Stay logged in and see if you can open a mission where you are at that time.
Yes I can. So this means I would have to keep the app open for the hours or days of travel to the location where I fly which has no internet service?

Not necessarily. But it did prove the missions are stored on your phone.

Just get service and open maps to the area where your going. I guess if your going to the Yukon for a week then yes. I can't tell you how to cash the maps because I haven't had to do that. I get at least cell service everywhere I go.

I take it that opening maps and scrolling around cashes them?

Not necessarily. But it did prove the missions are stored on your phone.

Just get service and open maps to the area where your going. I guess if your going to the Yukon for a week then yes. I can't tell you how to cash the maps because I haven't had to do that. I get at least cell service everywhere I go.

I take it that opening maps and scrolling around cashes them?
I have not tried the cache maps thing either. But it seems to me that if missions were stored in my app, I would not have to log in to see them. It's a good thing these guys (litchi) do not write instructions for using a fire extinguisher....they would probably fail to tell you to pull the pin

I have not tried the cache maps thing either. But it seems to me that if missions were stored in my app, I would not have to log in to see them. It's a good thing these guys (litchi) do not write instructions for using a fire extinguisher....they would probably fail to tell you to pull the pin

My guess is they want you to do that to make sure all changes have been synced since you can build missions on another device (PC). That makes since.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan