Fly in a perfect circle

Gizmo3000 said:
Klaus said:
What do you mean with you created a mix?

with the Futaba's and other Tx's, you can mix two channels at once, with varying amounts and such.

So basically, you can make it so that your rudder is tied into the aileron by a certain amount, so that if you move one ay or the other, the rudder will also be affected. this will allow you to almost pull off the desired effect of rotating around a subject
but it would only work at a certain radius

We ain't got no rudders nor ailerons.. though we can roll n yaw ;)

Gizmo3000 said:
Klaus said:
What do you mean with you created a mix?

with the Futaba's and other Tx's, you can mix two channels at once, with varying amounts and such.

So basically, you can make it so that your rudder is tied into the aileron by a certain amount, so that if you move one ay or the other, the rudder will also be affected. this will allow you to almost pull off the desired effect of rotating around a subject
but it would only work at a certain radius

But we can't use The Futaba on our PV because it is 2.4Ghz or what?
If I understand it right, people with the P2 can use it, is that correct?

Driffill said:
I love how basic simple questions are being wrongly answered! It's destroying this forum!

With home lock, the phantom should circle the home point with only roll applied! If you have it facing nose in it should stay facing nose in for the entire circle. . .

So to circle something that you can't take off from you need to go fly above it, reset the home point and the active HL (remember to fly out of the new home point 10m radius), point the cam at the home point, and push the right stick to the left or right and it should circle the new home point!

I bought my phantom almost a year ago to do exactly this! If it couldn't do this I wouldn't have bought it! I didn't actually get to make use of this feature when the day came that I had planned to use it tho (to windy to fly!) I was also planning to use this feature to record a perfect circle for the flytrex challenge.

Will the phantom v1.1.1 do this also?

It shouldn't matter what version phantom you have, so long as IOC is enabled, it should operate the same. Someone is suggesting that the phantom and phantom vision are using different firmware, I'd love to see how they come to that conclusion, you'd think if they did re-write the firmware they would drop the "flyaway" feature LMFAO!

The phantom v2/vision is a phantom, with a larger chassis, larger battery, 5.8ghz receiver (and a built on webcam (w/WIFI) for vision) the naza in all the phantoms is the same as the ones running on the kit build quad people are flying from DJI to TBS! (Naza-m v1 and naza-m v2)

With that lil rant over, I will say, I've got no idea why DJI would limit the features on the naza the way they did in the vision, but a lot of the features people are talking about (eg. Advanced receiver protection) were features bought in on firmware upgrades on the phantom v1.0 ~ v1.1.1. Other than the cam/wifi features, I don't think the vision has much that the v1's don't? (Internally that is, obviously props etc are different).

The NAZA inside is certainly stickered up differently to the standard one (It says "Your Flying Camera" on it, no reference to Naza). Why they would need to differentiate Vision NAZAs from others in the facotry if they were bang-on identical hardware I don't know - other than them wanting consistent branding, even under the lid?

Pull_Up said:
The NAZA inside is certainly stickered up differently to the standard one (It says "Your Flying Camera" on it, no reference to Naza). Why they would need to differentiate Vision NAZAs from others in the facotry if they were bang-on identical hardware I don't know - other than them wanting consistent branding, even under the lid?

I can think of a reason why they would have them labeled differently, especially in the factory :) my v1 has a "standard" naza-m but it also has a small "phantom" sticker on the side of it . . . My guess is they have firmwares with MINOR differences, purely to limit features or functions. Apple would do a similar thing with iPods/iPhones and iPads as they may run the same OS, but apple will allow an iPhone to make calls, but they won't for an iPad (despite the fact it's possible with the hardware).

I have some hunches about why certain things have been done the way they have, but without cracking the firmware of (any) naza, I'm unable to prove anything! I'm getting more and more tempted to buy a V2 or vision, purely to hack it up (first thing on my list would be running 3rd party batteries :) ). The v2 has the ability to be controlled via a signal NOT sent from the traditional receiver (panoramic photos make the vision yaw (???) ) and the "waypoint" feature for the naza v2 (specifically the vision) still hasn't been released as yet. . . .

Pretty much every car these days has an OBD2 port, this allows access to the ECU via a CAN-Bus style connection, sounds good! A university in America done some testing etc, and found that they could (with basic hardware) wirelessly connect to a "target" vehicle, and by "Spoofing" the data on the CAN they were able to control EVERYTHING in the car, from wipers to air-con, engine rpm and full control on brakes (force on and prevent from working!!!), google car shark :) interesting read.

What if I told you that all current vision owners are Beta testing DJI's latest additional feature! I'm assuming that the vision is using the CAN to send control signals to the naza, this is a pretty cool feature, and opens up the door for follow me modes and other features etc. but before you implemented it fully, you would want to be sure it's not prove to bugs!

A simple way to do this would be to implement it on only one channel, and make sure that channel responds 100% even time that action is called upon (if it failed often, we'd have a splattering of "my panoramic photos don't work right" style threads). Now all this would require minor differences in the firmwares (the vision naza has to know it is aloud to yaw when the request comes in via CAN, but for now a v2 can't). As for the critical flight algorithms (direct motor speed control), IOC, RTH etc will be identical from the v1, vision and v2. This is why "Fly-always" still occur.

Pull_Up said:
1. Yes.
2. You use rapid toggles of S2 to get a reset of Home location, course lock orientation, or both. The DJI wiki has it all laid out if you look up NAZA-M-V2 and IOC.
3. Yes.

Thank you Pull_Up , How can I know is done ? How many toggles ? Thanks again
Juan

Great info as always!

Riddle me this: IF you reset Home Lock during a hover, and you, let's say, lose Tx contact with the craft at some future point (or engage failsafe for any reason) will the bird Go Home and Land to a point that is off the ground? In other words, will it think that ground is somewhere in mid- air? (and then drop like a rock)..

Pull_Up said:
At £700 just for the Wookong controller I can't see it being cost-effective given the Phantom frame, never mind that it might not even be possible to fit it in there (both in terms of size and connectivity, etc). The Phantom range is designed to be a controller/frame package, unlike the flamewheel series where you can fit whatever you want.

If you need all the pro tools in the Wookong then you probably ought to be thinking about a hex or octocopter capable of carrying pro camera gear. If you're really serious you could buy the A2 at a tad under £1000 just for the controller!

What do you mean when you say cost-effective given the phantom frame? It sounds like you are implying that you are talking about size (that it wont fit in the frame) but you said never mind implying that you weren't.

BobUnplugged said:
The moon does it every day.

About every 28 days and its not a circle.

helishmeli said:
Pull_Up said:
At £700 just for the Wookong controller I can't see it being cost-effective given the Phantom frame, never mind that it might not even be possible to fit it in there (both in terms of size and connectivity, etc). The Phantom range is designed to be a controller/frame package, unlike the flamewheel series where you can fit whatever you want.

If you need all the pro tools in the Wookong then you probably ought to be thinking about a hex or octocopter capable of carrying pro camera gear. If you're really serious you could buy the A2 at a tad under £1000 just for the controller!

What do you mean when you say cost-effective given the phantom frame? It sounds like you are implying that you are talking about size (that it wont fit in the frame) but you said never mind implying that you weren't.
I don't know, it was 8 months ago! :) I think I meant that by the time you'd spent out on a Phantom, then bought an advanced controller, then hacked it all to work you'd have spent way more money than just going straight for an F450 or F550 and fitting a WooKong or A2 in there.

But like I said, 8 months ago! Maybe I was meaning something completely different. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4