Fly carefully battery error message ???

Jay

Reaction score
Hi All
Just went out for a fly all battery's were fully charged flew out to about 200m then message pops up on phone saying something about fly carefully something about battery problem and i then noticed there was no battery percentage showing on the phone.Has anyone else had this error message ? Or does anyone know what May have caused it ?

Yes. Battery communication error. When it happened to me moments later it fell like a rock from 80' up. I believe it's from the battery data pins losing good connection. Since I've started cleaning the pins and the pads they touch on the battery.

If you ever see this error message, land it immediately!

Geo

Geoelectro said:
Yes. Battery communication error. When it happened to me moments later it fell like a rock from 80' up. I believe it's from the battery data pins losing good connection. Since I've started cleaning the pins and the pads they touch on the battery.

If you ever see this error message, land it immediately!

Geo

I'm curious, how did you clean your pins?

Hi Jay
Before you read my story, did you check how many times or cycling charge had your battery?, mine was close to 20 when it started to show this annoying issue.

I have had the same problem with my stock battery, when the battery falls below 60% the phantom´s leds blinking red rapidly and the message on the phone alerts that there is a low battery condition, but when you move down the throttle stick to the descend position just a little, the battery alert goes away and phantom´s led become green again. In this case, you are descending with no power enough to maintain altitude.
In order to know what was going on with my battery, I was checking the battery cells using the assistance software but the readings were very close from one to another, so my first conclusion was to perform a total battery discharge until it was reached between 6% or 8%, then start to charge up again in order to balance each battery cell. (accordingly with the assistance instructions)
After I did it, I was running a flight check under controlled situation (holding with my hand one of the phantom´s legs) in order to prevent an accident.
Let me tell you that up to know, the problem still exists and I don´t know how to fix it.

If I discover something related with this issue, I will tell you as soon as I get it.

Best regards

UrAwFuL said:
I'm curious, how did you clean your pins?

DeOxit does a very nice job. Or probably just plain rubbing alcohol would work fine if you allow it to evaporate before using the battery.

A standard eraser works on the parts that you can get it into (which aren't many on a Phantom).

It's strange because all the connections look clean and the battery has only been used about 9 times.I landed it and wiped the connections restarted and it flew ok.

It shouldn't crash if you get a battery data error because dji patched the software to make sure that wouldn't happen after it became an issue earlier this year. I believe the phantom now makes its decisions on battery voltage alone.

Jay said:
Hi All
Just went out for a fly all battery's were fully charged flew out to about 200m then message pops up on phone saying something about fly carefully something about battery problem and i then noticed there was no battery percentage showing on the phone.Has anyone else had this error message ? Or does anyone know what May have caused it ?

If your (EDIT: Phantom Vision) was purchased before March 2014...you may have the old style data pins, which are suspect as the cause of battery failures. Here is a picture of the different style pins:

Edited. Battery has pads not pins. Pins are on the craft itself and can be upgraded.

pins.jpg

From that picture it seems both my battery's have the old style pins

Jay said:

It's not the battery's that have the pins it's the phantom

Are the pins them selves removable?
(currently away from a/c)

I have used 'pogo pins' before and they can be obtained from suppliers like Digkey, etc. in various styles etc.

RCRookie said:
Jay said:
Hi All

If your batteries were purchased before March 2014...you may have the old style data pins, which are suspect as the cause of battery failures. Here is a picture of the different style pins:

pins.jpg

Thanks for that info and the picture i think i will be changing my ones.

Jay said:
Jay said:

It's not the battery's that have the pins it's the phantom
And if you do have the old style and want to upgrade you can buy the newer power block from DJI and swap them out yourself if you have normal soldering skills. Pretty easy change out.

When you change the internal power plug get yourself a bottle of Deoxit Gold and put it on every dozen or so flights, I have been using it and no more communication errors!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20