Fly aways

Reaction score
So I have not read of any fly aways with the new P4. Maybe a few weird radical altitude changes. Maybe the redundancy has been helping. What do yo think.

The P3 has no redundancy and there haven't been many (any?) legitimate fly aways. I'll take redundancy if I can get it though :)

So I have not read of any fly aways with the new P4. Maybe a few weird radical altitude changes. Maybe the redundancy has been helping. What do yo think.
I think I've read of less flyaways for the P3 - it has proved to be a very reliable machine.
There have been a very small number of unusual P4 incidents that have been difficult to explain.

I think the takeaway is that flyaways have been a thing of the past since the Phantom 3 was released. Almost everyone who has uttered the word "flyaway" made some kind of pilot error during the flight.

"Flyaway" is basically another way of saying "it went crazy" and "I didn't want it to go that way". And before the P3, there were very limited ways to identify why it went crazy or if it actually did. Now with multiple instrumentation logs on the P3 and P4, it's much easier to identify the root cause of erratic behavior. And often the root cause is the fingers on the sticks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers