FLY AWAY

Reaction score
Warning, I updated to 3.12. Upon doing this I had an uncontrolled fly away resulting in a crash that I saw, and a bill of $180 for new Shell and 2 light modules. Tech calibrated and test flew the drone. When I took it out, I calibrated it, did the DJI dance, waited for lights to go green. Got up to 386 feet and it said I had reached my limits and then it flew away. I hit return to home, nothing, I powered off the RC, Nothing, now I have nothing. For all I know it crashed in the lake or a house, or a human. I am so pissed off now as I cannot afford to buy another one. I contacted DJI, not sure what if anything they will do. I have an RC, extra battery, charger, case and about 7 sets of props. Anyone want to make me an offer?

:oops:

Hate to hear about your loss dude !!
You say this happened after you had the shell replaced and the tech flew it . What are they saying ?
If this was mine and it had happened after a shop had worked on it we would be having a talk !!

It happened the day before as well. That time I found the drone. This time I did not. It did not return home as it is supposed to. I even shut off the RC so it would lose connectin and come back and it did not. I am not a rookie, I have had about 100 successful flights. I am so pissed off.

scottbroker said:
It happened the day before as well. That time I found the drone. This time I did not. It did not return home as it is supposed to. I even shut off the RC so it would lose connectin and come back and it did not. I am not a rookie, I have had about 100 successful flights. I am so pissed off.
I would be too !! You did not state this had happened the day before too .
Would have been nice if ya had tracker on it and could find it to see just what was the issue with it is .
Do you have your contact info on it ? Hopefully It will turn up !!

Some more facts might help to figure out what the problem was. From reading the threads and having 3.12 myself it's likely not the cause of the fly away.

scottbroker said:
Tech calibrated and test flew the drone. When I took it out, I calibrated it, did the DJI dance, waited for lights to go green.

Was the IMU calibrated after the update? How many satellites did you have?

Sorry man. If you are serious about selling your equipment, I would be interested in the battery and case. PM me if you want to propose a price for these items.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj