Fly Away - UPDATE

Reaction score
Hi, New Here.

I had some really nice complete flights (7) with my new Phantom. I flew two full batteries, then switched to a third. Upon start up, it went in ultra hi speed and literally flew straight up a couple of thousand feet (it felt as if anyway) all completely out of control. From there it simply flew away.

There is absolutely no way I can find it in this terrain. Big trees, mountains and ocean.

Does DJI provide some sort of credit or warranty? Id like to get another on.

Re: Fly Away

It's a hobby:

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss $600 bucks goodby!

We've all been there, one way or another!

-Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lesson one for Phantom ownership.

Name, contact and REWARD! In pen on the shell....then maybe....

Ok to update my situation.... I contacted DJI. They said sorry, contact your retailer and the dealer will give me a credit.

I did contacted the seller (no thank to Amazon - they did everything to stop me from getting through to the seller). When I did eventually get through to the seller, they said no prob, bring in the radio, and I can buy one for a discount. I did that today and got a VERY big discount. Im not sure if Im supposed to say what the discount is in case I get the retailer in trouble... Ill ask him when I see him again shortly.

Needless to say, Im very happy.

We will program numerous Phantoms to smash into your house if you don't tell us how much it cost! :twisted:

Fortunately, my Go Pro was acting up (thanks to their firmware update) and was not attached the Phantom for this flight - pure luck.

I have no idea why it flew away. It started at a very high rpm and didn't stop.

Nice, I got no discount. Paid the full price a second time.

The Canadian distributor sucks.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl