FLY AWAY, or pilot mistake

Reaction score
Hi, I do not have words to explain this. I was flying in downtown around the new high scraper. Suddenly everything was switched off. I have more than 500 flights. I know what I am doing. Tonight, THEY have a party in that place. Big party for government. Suddenly I lost all connections. I lost my p3p. Could it be a pilot mistake?

I have a video from ipad. It is all good. Then suddenly I had no connection at all. Nothing, no radio no light bridge, nothing. Just nothing.

Is that possible that they just switched me off from around the corner? I had no idea about that party. We were as usual, just flying, several official guys said "no" for flying. I was so stupid to ignore all signs. I have another P3P and Matrice. We were thinking to get a rescue team to find out that. It is kind of suicide today... Gov people. Now, I have an idea to take another P3P just to find that. Stupid idea

Are you saying the officials said not to fly and you did .
I don't know if that was a smooth move tv . I don't think they could just switch you off but I dono .
Hate ya lost your quad .

I was flying in downtown around the new high scraper. Suddenly everything was switched off.

Apart from the fact that in spite of 500 flights, this was a very stupid thing to do, when you say you were flying around the skyscraper, did you actually fly behind it, or any other structure?

tvckz, looking at your tag line w/link I'm wondering, are you associated with that tv/media company? Were you flying for that company?

Apart from the fact that in spite of 500 flights, this was a very stupid thing to do, when you say you were flying around the skyscraper, did you actually fly behind it, or any other structure?

Yes, man. That building is about 200 feet, I was more than that.

Sounds like someone in your country use a Battelle "Drone Defender" on you.
Here is the video for an idea how they work.

Hopefully you have attached a portable GPS tracking device like the Trackimo or Marco Polo units and can then just figure out where your "bird" went down. Not sure you have those style devices in your area though... I guess just alot of dashcams is really what everyone has LOL!

Hopefully you have attached a portable GPS tracking device like the Trackimo or Marco Polo units and can then just figure out where your "bird" went down. Not sure you have those style devices in your area though... I guess just alot of dashcams is really what everyone has LOL!

Of course I did not. Txs for LOL.

Yes, man. That building is about 200 feet, I was more than that.
I don't know if there is something getting lost in translation, but if you flew behind any structure then it is not surprising that you lost signal. The quad would then have initiated RTH, and depending on your settings, it is anybody's guess as to what transpired next.

Everything was fine, including RTH (around 150m in city) any building is much lower.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20