Fly away caught by camera

Did you do the R/C update that came out about a week ago...think it was only for the new conrtrollers, but just curious if you did it ?
I was bored and did it anyways to my controller, seems fine.

pegasusjan said:
Nathan Carter said:
Many people updated with 3.4 and then with 3.6. That should be ok, especially if you didn't touch the battery upgrade on 3.4.
Updating the batterij with 3.4 version was not possible I remember

It would be good to know few details
-how is the battery level in the radio?
- you are saying the craft battery had 80% power; did you fly on this battery before remove it from craft and used it second time ?
- did you watch telemetry what was the battery status just before landing ?
-what LED lights did you have during landing?
- in case of low battery warning is the setting RTH or just land ?

If this is indeed a flyaway and not a low battery failsafe, which should have held GPS postion while it was descending, it could be your typical IMU data error that has plagued all flight controllers and manufacturers. I have been repairing them for 6 months now.

I do not know if DJI is using the typical MPU-6050 and have been trying to find a failed flight controller to disassemble and am willing to pay $25 for a bad one.

The acc/gyro is not supposed to be soldered down by its heat pad and most manufacturers have disregarded this warning and done so. It causes corrupt data when the solder gets warm and expands at different rates under the acc/gyro. It is called thermo-electric stress. It can show up at any time, the fix is to remove the component and solder and reapply the component using its ouside data pins alone.

Since you had mentioned this issue developed on the first flight after upgrading to 3.08, I was wondering if you had calibrated both your flight controller, AND transmitter with the respective phantom assistant and RC assistant software.

Is it possible your transmitter and Phantom were not properly calibrated with one another ?

Skynet1 said:
Since you had mentioned this issue developed on the first flight after upgrading to 3.08, I was wondering if you had calibrated both your flight controller, AND transmitter with the respective phantom assistant and RC assistant software.

Is it possible your transmitter and Phantom were not properly calibrated with one another ?

I calibrated transmitter and the Phantom (IMU >advanced and transmitter with phantom assistant) and did compass calibration for the flight

burlbark said:
If this is indeed a flyaway and not a low battery failsafe, which should have held GPS postion while it was descending, it could be your typical IMU data error that has plagued all flight controllers and manufacturers. I have been repairing them for 6 months now.

I do not know if DJI is using the typical MPU-6050 and have been trying to find a failed flight controller to disassemble and am willing to pay $25 for a bad one.

The acc/gyro is not supposed to be soldered down by its heat pad and most manufacturers have disregarded this warning and done so. It causes corrupt data when the solder gets warm and expands at different rates under the acc/gyro. It is called thermo-electric stress. It can show up at any time, the fix is to remove the component and solder and reapply the component using its ouside data pins alone.

What can I do about this problem ???

pegasusjan said:
burlbark said:

What can I do about this problem ???

At present I cannot recommend anything. I have received no failed units to dissect and everyone seems to cling to their failed units like they are made of gold. If I had one I could do destructive testing on it, remove the components and establish a remedy.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik