Fly away and smashed to hell

Reaction score
Was flying tonight all of a sudden starting rising and spinning uncontrollably then lights went and and crashed to ground all f ed up. Wtf

Ummm...let me guess, your battery was separated from your P3 when you found it.

Sorry you lost your bird, but by my question you can imagine what I think the cause was.

Battery was in when found. Did you read the post it took off and spinning clockwise, nothing to do with battery

Last edited by a moderator:
You no the routine?
Flight logs..
Video if available..
Some of the guy's will be here to deduct what may have happened. If you want that?

Sorry to hear about you're loss.
Seems every weekend someone does something wrong and crashes..maybe you will have a valid issue. Most end up finding it was pilot error.

Retarded is so NPC...

Spinning clockwise could mean either one of the motors stopped, A propeller flew off or one of the ESCs went bad. Those will typically send the quad going clockwise or counterclockwise depending on which one. My old phantom propeller broke and started spinning like that.

Is dji good with warranty? I really cant see how i could have caused been flying a while never even come close to wrecking. All i know is was flying with full GPS and had just calibtated compass prior to this flight. Was about 12 feet off ground just hovering thing i started to ascend slightly when it basically just went straight up while spinning. At about 60 or 70 feet lights went out but when i located it battery still in. How do i upload flight logs? Thanks for the help.

I am currently encountering a positive experience with DJI's warranty repair.

Plug a usb into the body of the AC, Hook up justlike you are going to fly and start the Go app. Select download flight logs at the menu.

Hey othan how long are they saying to get back?

They quoted a maximum time of 16 weeks but I sent mine in 13 days ago and they've already evaluated it and are now in the process of repair. They post "Free of Charge" for the warranty after investigating. I don't expect them to have it much longer.

They quoted a maximum time of 16 weeks but I sent mine in 13 days ago and they've already evaluated it and are now in the process of repair. They post "Free of Charge" for the warranty after investigating. I don't expect them to have it much longer.
I purchased my phantom 3 from an authorized DJI retailer online and I also got an extended accidental protection through them, but I would have to pay a $200 deductible for every repair ticket requested. If God for bid something happens, do I send it in to DJI or the company I bought it from? Don't feel like paying a deductible you know?

Very funny stumble bee didnt realize we are in spelling class. Was a bit distressed after what had just occurred. Learning disabled....silly.
The reason I suggested that perhaps your battery was separated from the housing had nothing to do with you not being intelligent. If you've been here a while you will find that many pilots report similar crash situations and then find the battery displaced. You stated that there were no previous symptoms, that suddenly your Phantom rose, spun and then the lights went out. Theorize what you will about compass or GPS problems, RF interference and software glitches, your lights went out! That tells me you had complete power loss at that point. Now what could have caused all those things?
See now why I posted what I did? You don't have to be a moron to not snap the battery the last 1/64th of an inch (1mm), or have the housing flex to a point where maybe the battery latch failed. Or maybe the battery shorted out. It's happened to some very intelligent pilots. Could've happened to you.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
You are an intelligent god who puts us all to shame with your knowledge, StumbleBee. We quiver when you post because we know it will only lead to our humiliation, but, through it all, we will gain some knowledge.

That knowledge may be that some folk are a bit less secure than others and must point out other peoples' "assumed" flaws based on the hubris of one knowing only his or her experiences are valid, but we still learned something.

/ahhhh...I'm just hackin' on ya. We're all buds here. :)

I purchased my phantom 3 from an authorized DJI retailer online and I also got an extended accidental protection through them, but I would have to pay a $200 deductible for every repair ticket requested. If God for bid something happens, do I send it in to DJI or the company I bought it from? Don't feel like paying a deductible you know?

If it helps, here's the warranty list and times for each part:

Warranty Period of Main Parts | DJI

Note that they say the frame is not covered but they are still covering my entire repair due to it being a system failure on their end. I think that's above and beyond. I was expecting to at least pay $140 for the body.

Surly the fact the unit was spinning uncontrollably and thus performing outside its performance envelope might have disengaged the battery. This then becomes two separate failures. The one that started the Phantom to loose control and also the battery failing. I'd say the second isn't priority as it probably wouldn't of happened if the bird wasn't experiencing what appears like catastrophic load.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Four ( ! ) in one sentence ! A record I believe :)
Sorry to hear about your crash Max .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Four ( ! ) in one sentence ! A record I believe :)
Sorry to hear about your crash Max .
Oops yeah that has to be a record alright.
The immediate spinning suggests an esc, motor or prop gone bad or possibly a bird strike. The gaining of altitude sounds strange though but it could be possible I suppose that she could rise with a burst of power but everytime I've seen a video where one arm goes on a phantom she just flips, spins and falls very quickly. Posting the flight logs would be a huge help mate. Have you heard of or used healthydrones.com?

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav