Fly-a-Ways...Could it be???

Reaction score
Could it be as simple as a C clip getting wedged up in the motor and restricting it's motor or stopping it all together? Where it causes the other motors to try to get the Phantom back to a normal flight that it (the Phantom) does not respond what our tx is telling it (the Phantom) what to do. I know for a fact that on a hard landing (Crash) my C clip has come off the bottom of my motor. The first time it did it the C clip wedged up in the engine so bad that I couldn't spin it (motor). I broke down Phantom pulled the motor apart and got the C clip off the inside of the propeller housing and went back flying with no problem. I got lucky so to speak.

What I am trying to say is: 1) That C clip does not have to be on and you can have perfectly good fight or several. 2) You could do just the right move in flight and cause that C clip to go up into the engine and cause a parcel or full engine failure. 3) I think this is what causing some of the Fly-a-ways.

I haven't heard that theory before. I doubt it though. I think that situation could cause a crash but not send it away at top speed.

A crash would be in a total engine failure, but what about in a parcel failure? I think it would head in the direction of the weak engine.

I like the spirit of your thinking, however I doubt its an issue. If a motor was bound up at all, I believe the Phantom would act like a bird, shot by a 12ga, flapping and fluttering, but definately going down hard. This would not explain the flyaways where the unit shoots 300 ft. up and banks out of sight.

I am trying to think like the controller, if the engine slower that it should be the Phantom would tilt toward the weak engine, so the controller would give that engine more power. Which would cause a lot of resistance. That would cause a heat issue which could cause a lost of communication with the tx, or at the lest hang-up like when I get the beach ball on my Mac. Then I would think it would be anyones guess what happen next.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20