FLOWN INSIDE A NIGHT CLUB FIRST TIME EVER

Perfect example of "Just because you can does not mean you SHOULD".

Here's what I added to your video comments @ youtube...
"Cool. Bad judgement being video taped. Can't support this as "cool". Too much risk."

Flying that thing indoors, over people is a big FKIN McSTAKE dude. No mas.

Someone flew a quad at an event down here and crashed it in the the crowd. I think they want to put laws in place about quadcopters now because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
thongbong said:
The dude that was aggressively giving your bird the bird... lol... like it meant something. :lol: but yeah, mate, one bad wifi signal in that place and the Phantom could have done a nose dive. unz unz unz unz
he was my mate lol gps was of would it not have mattered ?

GPS is one thing, wifi another. Wifi, electromagnetic interference, marijuana, large metal objects that can disrupt the compass can cause the Phantom to crash.

ianwood said:
Then get yourself an AR.Drone. The Phantom is ill suited to indoor use and should never be hovered in close proximity over a crowd like that where people are not aware of it and/or cannot be warned if something went wrong. Would you want a Phantom flown into your face? Do yourself and your friends a favour and don't do it again.
they were well aware of it cant you see them all looking at it ?

tawd77 said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
gordhunt said:
Lame what's the point?

Sent from my S4
better than flying it in big open space gets boring i wanted a challenge and to entertain

When using a product for its intended purpose bores you, sell it and buy something that might spark your interest.

So if you had this in a club, and judging from the space you had to launch it, you are either a DJ or work at/own this club? Im just thinking of the lawsuit that will occur when you run your phantom into paying customers. I seriously doubt they understand the risk of having that buzzing over their heads.

There should be an IQ test to obtain a credit card. If their was, this thread, along with 99% of the flyaway threads wouldnt exist.

Lol don't think so high of your self ... I bruaght mine out right with cash thank you very much. I am not stupid or dumb thank you. Fly away happens because people do not let the gps link up. So your whole theory of IQ test to obtain a credit card is flawed we do not all live to debt like you obviously do. I am not stupid just like pushing the boat out, I am part of a stage entertainment crew i dj yeah and also videographer, You think you would have or be any ware you are in this world if risk were not taken NOPE. No one was injured and or hurt just entertained job done RELAX, these people took allot more risks that night than a quad copter flown over there heads for 2 odd mins, drugs driven drink........ I have entertained that crowed for 5 odd years they know what to expect .....the unexpected and yeah this went down a treat....... they will remember that night for a while and the quad copter they have never seen before flying in a club......

Madkeen said:
With the opposition already on drones the last thing we need is the news reporting of someone loosing an eye to a drone or serious facial injury, etc, etc.....

Would set us back another few years.

Think about the consequences of your actions. These things can and do go wrong.

DId any one get hurt ? NO Was it thought through YES did I plan it all yes did i push my luck NO ..... Did i do it again after it all going ok NO

rilot said:
You sir, are an idiot.
Of all the foolish things I've seen done with the Phantom this is the most idiotic. As others have said, suppose you crashed in to the crowd and someone lost an eye. What would you have done then?

It's stuff like this that's giving this hobby a bad name and will eventually spoil it for all of us once the authorities start banning them.
Well that's your opinion , I have seen loads of videos of phantoms being flown over people but oh this is in s club with more skill so I am in the wrong get over yourself. I am not an idiot thank you. If I had crashed into the crowed and some one lost an eye then I would have dealt with it then, **** happens in life and as some one has commented these people took allot more risks this night than a quad copter flying over there heads. If I had crashed and hurt some one the authorities would not have been able to do anything accidents happen... as for the hobby having a bad name I never knew it had..

OI Photography said:
In the video you look like you're flying higher than the Phantom
Sorry to disappoint you I am completely sober stopped partying hard over 2 years ago and I only drink at celebrations.... I was high off adrenalin though you should try it it was the biggest buzz ill get from flying the phantom 2 for a long while.

I think my next buzz will come form flying it into Buckingham palace just need to get my fpv hooked up then there is no stopping me .....

says with real sarcasm

No disappointment, just saying you looked pretty deep "in the zone"...whatever that zone may be.

Even if your generalization of flyaways was correct, that's certainly not the only potential hazard in that environment, in fact it's probably the least since I'm sure you were flying in Atti mode to minimize the risk of a flyaway attempt indoors where GPS reception can be very unpredictable...?

Stating that you felt safe doing this because "I saw other people on the internet doing it" is obviously a poor platform to make risk-based decisions on. But even though flying over people outdoors does come with it's own potential dangers, it's nowhere near as risky as flying in a confined space like this where there can be very little room and even less time to correct for anything unexpected.

The fact everyone else at that club may have knowingly taken many or any other risks that night does not have anything to do with the risk you choose to take for them all on their behalf. The fact you fail to see the extent of the potential liability you created for the club, your crew, and yourself is the biggest danger of all. If the club owner let you do that without even verifying it would be covered on his or your insurance, he shouldn't be getting too comfortable with the money he's making.

It's one thing to make a bad judgment call, but another thing to thumb your nose at good advice and claim you don't see why it's such a big deal.

Ya know, since your into being the first to do something on Youtube, I can think of another thing Ive never seen, ever...

I have NEVER seen anyone fly their Phantom THROUGH a solid brick wall at full speed, ever on youtube. I have heard of a many people doing it, but since its never been recorded and put on Youtube, I question if its really even possible. So, since your a thrill seeker, and love the fame of being a Youtube firster, I challenge you to try flying your Phantom at full speed THROUGH a solid brick wall.

If you successfully fly through the wall, you will get the buzz you so desire, and fame from being a Youtube firster, again! Think of what a rush that would be!!

If you fail and smash into the wall, we will painfully say goodbye to you at this forum, as you will have no use for this place anymore.

Im willing to take that chance, are you?

This is disturbing to say the least. RUSHNREADY DJI, you have mentioned that you are not an idiot, while proving the opposite in the very same sentence..."Fly aways" are not the main concern here - very far from it. A motor could fail, signal could be lost, battery could fail, a resistor could fail, someone could throw something into it, etc, etc, etc. No matter what you want to think, you were not in control of the Phantom under those uncontrollable circumstances. For your own good and for the rest of us, you should remove the video from youtube before someone decides they want to try to press charges for something. It is just unbelievable that anyone would be so foolish as to fly a machine like this inside of a loud, flashy night club full of people and then brag about it on the internet. Operating equipment like this comes with responsibilities, and it is events like this that are giving people like the rest of us a really bad image. In the future, please use some sense and be responsible, if not for your own good, then for the rest of us.

tawd77 said:
I have NEVER seen anyone fly their Phantom THROUGH a solid brick wall at full speed, ever on youtube. I have heard of a many people doing it, but since its never been recorded and put on Youtube, I question if its really even possible. So, since your a thrill seeker, and love the fame of being a Youtube firster, I challenge you to try flying your Phantom at full speed THROUGH a solid brick wall.

If you successfully fly through the wall, you will get the buzz you so desire, and fame from being a Youtube firster, again! Think of what a rush that would be!!
Here's hoping he will!!!

If you want to breathe fire over your faithful crowd of partiers, go for it. It's your job, your business' license and liability, and even the customer's own acknowledgement of consent if they stick around or come back a second time.

But when you do this and then brag about it in a forum of other DJI pilots, you had to realize the reaction you would get. We're not wowed by your piloting skills; this really isn't that impressive from a piloting point of view, and by bragging about the rush it gave you, more a marker of your immaturity than your skills. We are more concerned about how such irresponsible use gives a bad name to all of us!

OI Photography said:
No disappointment, just saying you looked pretty deep "in the zone"...whatever that zone may be.

Even if your generalization of flyaways was correct, that's certainly not the only potential hazard in that environment, in fact it's probably the least since I'm sure you were flying in Atti mode to minimize the risk of a flyaway attempt indoors where GPS reception can be very unpredictable...?

Stating that you felt safe doing this because "I saw other people on the internet doing it" is obviously a poor platform to make risk-based decisions on. But even though flying over people outdoors does come with it's own potential dangers, it's nowhere near as risky as flying in a confined space like this where there can be very little room and even less time to correct for anything unexpected.

The fact everyone else at that club may have knowingly taken many or any other risks that night does not have anything to do with the risk you choose to take for them all on their behalf. The fact you fail to see the extent of the potential liability you created for the club, your crew, and yourself is the biggest danger of all. If the club owner let you do that without even verifying it would be covered on his or your insurance, he shouldn't be getting too comfortable with the money he's making.

It's one thing to make a bad judgment call, but another thing to thumb your nose at good advice and claim you don't see why it's such a big deal.

I flew in atti yes because i did not want the gps playing silly buggers , I don't recall saying I feel safe doing this as i have seen it done on the internet not at all??? I have also stated that it was very risky hence why I was only flying 2 mins if that and to be very honest the moment I did not feel 110% I decided to land which I did. I know it was a big risk I was nervous as hell. I have not failed to see anything I know what risks I was taking I am not stupid. Even though many of you think that because I chose to fly MY quad copter in a club at an event that I have been performing at for over 5 years, I have never seen it done before I made calculated risks and succeeded and I am proud. No one was hurt and it was successful no complaints only happy faces and smiles all around is it not it what its all about ?

tawd77 said:
Ya know, since your into being the first to do something on Youtube, I can think of another thing Ive never seen, ever...

If you fail and smash into the wall, we will painfully say goodbye to you at this forum, as you will have no use for this place anymore.

Im willing to take that chance, are you?

I am not going to even lower myself to you

'Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

neil64 said:
This is disturbing to say the least. RUSHNREADY DJI, you have mentioned that you are not an idiot, while proving the opposite in the very same sentence..."Fly aways" are not the main concern here - very far from it. A motor could fail, signal could be lost, battery could fail, a resistor could fail, someone could throw something into it, etc, etc, etc. No matter what you want to think, you were not in control of the Phantom under those uncontrollable circumstances. For your own good and for the rest of us, you should remove the video from youtube before someone decides they want to try to press charges for something. It is just unbelievable that anyone would be so foolish as to fly a machine like this inside of a loud, flashy night club full of people and then brag about it on the internet. Operating equipment like this comes with responsibilities, and it is events like this that are giving people like the rest of us a really bad image. In the future, please use some sense and be responsible, if not for your own good, then for the rest of us.

So what was I doing that is so wrong ? Really please tell me ? How does this make me an idiot ? Doping something stupid is a matter of opinion ...... and were have i bragged about anything ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers