Flotation for your P3

Here is our latest fun video showing a variety of takeoffs and landings with WaterStrider from water and other difficult terrain. The campaign ends on Monday, so time is running short to get a WaterStrider from our first production runs in July (June is already full).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dirkclod
You land that on one of our lake's here and a big flathead catfish would think it was a big bug and would have it :eek:

@Tim in Florida Thanks for good word, Tim. We're working toward a successful campaign which will really help us to get the product to a much bigger audience. We're just over 70% of our goal. With Kickstarter, if you don't get to 100% of the goal then you get nothing at all. We'd definitely appreciate your support before the campaign ends at any dollar level. If you're not ready yet, then hopefully we'll be able to see you as a customer in the future!

@Tim in Florida Thanks for good word, Tim. We're working toward a successful campaign which will really help us to get the product to a much bigger audience. We're just over 70% of our goal. With Kickstarter, if you don't get to 100% of the goal then you get nothing at all. We'd definitely appreciate your support before the campaign ends at any dollar level. If you're not ready yet, then hopefully we'll be able to see you as a customer in the future!

The lowest backer level on the KS campaign that gets a Waterstrider is at $159. Nothing lower available.

Do you have any video of an ocean landing rather than a calm lake?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the great questions!

@Pete Leare and @Tim in Florida We've done some water work when it was windy with some chop. We're planning ocean filming very soon. It has been a more common question than we originally anticipated.

We've engineered the water stability, buoyancy, balance, and security of attachments very thoroughly. All of our materials are salt-water safe. We're very confident that the WaterStrider will handle a lot more than the drone itself can handle as it relates to ocean conditions. As of today, our recommendation is that the WaterStrider should be just fine on some swells and light chop. Breaking or splashing wave conditions will very likely get saltwater on the drone and although the WaterStrider should be fine, the drone may not fare as well.

In any case, saltwater operations should be immediately followed by a thorough wipe-down with a damp cloth.

From an emergency landing standpoint (e.g. return to home over water or even a hard hit on the water), we're confident that the WaterStrider should keep the drone afloat on top of the water for recovery. We've designed it to float the drone with only three landing pods, so even if one pod managed to get torn loose (which would be really hard to do), recovery should be possible.

Just as a reminder, we are offering a guarantee to Kickstarter backers. If for any reason you are unhappy with WaterStrider, return it within 30 days for a full refund. We truly believe in the product and we also believe in happy and satisfied customers. The risk is pretty low for you. Also, the campaign ends on Monday!! We'd love your support.

I agree with all your comments. Another issue for me is on the P4 there is a thread about how adding a small Gimbal protector has affected the onboard sensors - this is much bigger and I want to check it won't interfere with anything onboard before I buy one.

Shadow 81 said:
Put a question on their page and apparently it won't be for the P4 - only the P3

At the time you posted these, we did not have the P4 validated, but I wanted to follow up to let you know that last week we announced full validation of the WaterStrider on the P4. The sensor concerns were our biggest concerns as well--both forward facing and the additional downward facing sensors. We've done all of our testing and everything works great! The landing pods are out of view of the forward sensors, and the carbon fiber tube that runs under the camera/gimbal stays clear of the VPS sensors. You can find out more on the Kickstarter page and updates (see the link in my signature).

We also offer a money-back guarantee to our Kickstarter backers. We're confident in the product and really want our customers to have a great experience with it. If you're unhappy with it for any reason, just return the WaterStrider to us and we'll refund your full pledge.

FYI, there are only 61 hours left in the campaign to claim your WaterStrider! It ends on Monday.

Last edited:
Do you have any video of an ocean landing rather than a calm lake?
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

For those of you who are interested in seeing the WaterStrider in action on the ocean, check out the video below from when we completed our sea trials. Also, since my last post we have finished all of our Kickstarter deliveries and our online store is open for general sale.

DroneRafts.com
Buy WaterStrider

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: stinkbomb

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers