Flotation for your P3

These look awesome - any idea if these will be a reality any time soon?

Reactions: rkingsb353
Yes I agree - but from what I understand you can support them now for a lower amount and get one for a lot less? You think this will work or just a mad gimmick?

Yes I agree - but from what I understand you can support them now for a lower amount and get one for a lot less? You think this will work or just a mad gimmick?

Shadow,

It looks like it'd work to me. I wouldn't use them all of the time but I do a lot of flying over water and it'd be great insurance. Also, I could put the bird in the water while I'm in my boat and launch and land in the water, instead of in the boat. I'm not a big Kickstarter fan and recently got burned on a higher ticket item so I won't be making an investment. I also wont be paying 1/3 of what a new bird costs to have one. They also said the weight is about the same as the flight battery which kind of surprised me and will definitely cut down on flight time. I'd think it could be made quite a bit lighter.

Jerry

Reactions: Gpanek
I agree with all your comments. Another issue for me is on the P4 there is a thread about how adding a small Gimbal protector has affected the onboard sensors - this is much bigger and I want to check it won't interfere with anything onboard before I buy one.

Scooter Trash ??? Wash your mouth out Sir - wouldn't have a Scooter anywhere near me. Now, motorbikes ........ thats a different story

Can't wait for the Kickstarter and I don't really like the price so I will be printing the pontoons and the attachment brackets with the 3D printer and will use some carbon fiber arrows I took out of Elk hunting service this past year. Wonder about making it neutrally aerodynamic?

And I kind of resemble that Scooter Trash comment just you usually find me thumpin' 80 down a Forest Service fire road in the woods.

thumpin' 80 down a Forest Service fire road in the woods.

"thumpin'", must be a four stroker! Grrrr, up the hill! Bbbbrrrrrrr, down the hill. I here ya. In some parts of the world "Scooter Trash" refers to an outlaw MC person that has little regard for societal law. I'm scooter trash.

Jerry

Last edited:
Put a question on their page and apparently it won't be for the P4 - only the P3

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is the Waterstrider. I recently bought a 3D printer so I think I know what I will be printing before my next over water flight!

Maybe @Mal_PV2_Ireland could use a set of these. lol

Huh??? Who in their right mind would buy those stupid yokes???
Are people for real???
I dont know where to begin slating these!
There isn't 1 single positive comment I can make about them. Probably the worst accessory ever made for a drone...

Errrrr - Im guessing you won't be buying these then?

I'm known to be a bit insane at times
ya dont say.gif

These sort of things appeal to nervous flyers but have some big drawbacks besides the price.
There is no mention of how the additional weight and considerable windage affects your battery life and flight time.
It's going to be significant,
And if you could fly safely with all that bolted to your Phantom, and wind didn't blow your Phantom away, you could only land on still ponds if you want to keep your camera dry.
The choice of something that kills your flight time and seriously handicaps your aircraft and costs $240 vs handcatching ... hmm let me think on that for a while.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr