Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Florida!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FCD, Oct 6, 2016.

1. FCD

FCD

Got this today.

FAA logo
    DO NOT FLY NEAR HURRICANE RESPONSE EFFORTS

As a result of Hurricane Matthew, there will likely be significant recovery efforts and the FAA may issue flight restrictions in the vicinity of disaster areas. During response operations to Hurricane Matthew, authorized aircraft may be flying at very low altitudes over affected areas.

Unauthorized UAS or drone operations may prevent other aircraft from performing life-saving missions and increase the risk of mid-air collision. Anyone, including hobbyist or recreational fliers, who interferes with disaster response efforts is subject to civil penalties of up to $32,140 per violation and possible criminal prosecution.

Unmanned aircraft system (UAS) or drone operators are responsible for checking applicable flight restrictions before operating and must not interfere with any aircraft assisting in hurricane disaster response operations, regardless if there is a flight restriction in place or not.

Drone operators may obtain information about posted flight restrictions by using the FAA’s B4UFLY mobile app or by checking the FAA’s website: PilotWeb: Home.

UAS or drone operators supporting disaster response operations must be approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) prior to operating. Operators may seek approval by following these steps:
    The operator must secure support from a governmental entity, and the operation must directly contribute to the response, relief, or recovery effort.
    After completing step 1, the operator must contact the FAA’s Systems Operations Support Center (SOSC) at 202-267-8276for assistance.
    After calling the SOSC, the operator must also send the request via email to 9-ator-hq-sosc@faa.gov.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

2. Dinerve

Hope all goes well in Florida....Never mind the drones and restrictions....

3. flpholt

going to be interesting next 24 hours

captainmilehigh likes this.
  4. Dinerve

Crossing fingers for you and everybody else there!

captainmilehigh and flpholt like this.
  5. tcope

6. captainmilehigh

Yeah, I'm in NE Fla. Might get a bit rough up here later. To all those affected by this mess, please stay safe. We will fly again!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

flpholt likes this.
  7. chazzm

Yeah I'm in Texas near Lubbock and got one!

8. L3thalB3ard

Colorado.. got one too

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

9. captainmilehigh

Already seeing some 'drone video footage' on the local TV stations in Jacksonville Fl. Pre-hurricane videos of beaches and bridges. Rain on the camera lenses but amazingly steady picture and panning. Hurricane Matthew still a few hours away but crawling up the east coast of Fl.