Florida Keys

Reaction score
Hi all. Did a search but didn't find too much on this topic. I will be going to the Florida Keys in the near future and would like to know if there is anything I should be aware of (besides flying in airport no fly zones). Not being an American citizen (Canadian), will I be ok flying in the keys? Are there any legal issues or other restrictions I should be aware of?
Still being very new at this, I would like to avoid any unforeseen issues!
Thanks

don't know if you (Canadian) have to, but i'd register it with the FAA, it's only $5

Assuming you're flying as a hobbyist (not Part 107 Commercial). In addition to the airport restrictions, the Keys have some national park restrictions nearby such as Biscayne and Everglades. Key West is difficult due to the airport, Naval station, and Dry Tortugas national park.

Download B4UFLY to your smartphone. That will help notify you of restrictions in the location you wish to fly.

Reactions: gvsukids
Assuming you're flying as a hobbyist (not Part 107 Commercial). In addition to the airport restrictions, the Keys have some national park restrictions nearby such as Biscayne and Everglades. Key West is difficult due to the airport, Naval station, and Dry Tortugas national park.
Probably can't fly much around Big Pine Key either - National Key Deer Refuge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4