Flipping over bad for the P3?

Reaction score
So.. My brother took it for a fly and tried landing on some grass. Somehow managed to flip it completely upside down with the motors still trying to spin. It was making terrible scary noises for about 2 seconds while the motors were still trying to spin until they stopped. I know this is not GOOD for the phantom, but I know they are brushless motors so I don't think they were damaged?

Just wondering..?

Thanks in advanced,
T

The good news is the P3 ESCs have some over current protection and communicate with the supervisory control system. If there's was a problem it would ( is supposed to) generate an error or other message.

The noise you heard was a motor stripping out the threads on one or more props..

Was he doing both sticks down to shut down?
If so,,,dont do that. Just do left stick down;)

Ha! He wont be flying it again so he wont be touching the sticks. :D
And the threads on all the props are still in perfect condition. After some research i'm assuming it was the brushless motors making the noise. Since there are not any gears in the motor it should be perfectly fine, maybe thats why its flying and acting perfectly fine

Was he doing both sticks down to shut down?
If so,,,dont do that. Just do left stick down;)

You mean prior to the flip right?

CSC will shut down faster in an emergency.

One of mine flipped once and the motors were never the same, let alone the motor mounts. Never wanted to trust it again... Too many things that could have suddenly gone wrong with it.

Yes, CSC is a no no while landing, it will attempt to descend and spin at the same time for a second or two before shutting down, just long enough to flip. Use left stick only to land. Don't ask me how I know :)

Yes, CSC is a no no while landing, it will attempt to descend and spin at the same time for a second or two before shutting down, just long enough to flip. Use left stick only to land. Don't ask me how I know :)
I'm fully agree with you. Its a no go area.
On my PV2+ the CSC acted immediately and I used it as a emergency stop for mini-crashes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd