" Flights Today 2 Lots of Abuse (UK)

Reaction score
Generally people are quite happy to see a drone or i fly where no people are to be seen.

This last week ive put a lot of flights in and my confidence in myself and getting out has been soaring (sorry)

But today i had 2 incidents that have shaken me and my confidence

First one was a 2 couples dog walking , first starting sticking the middle finger up to the drone then started taking pics of me , i landed and left (I'd initally put it in a holding pattern away from them to allow them to walk passed)

Second as i was packing up (diffrent area) a guy comes along, in an Eatern european accient and tells me in nop uncretin terms "Stop that stupidity round here ( again a totaly legal and senisble flight in a field)

Anyone else in the UK had issues with the pubic? any pratical advice would be great, I supper greatly with anxiety and sold my p2 and p3p because oif my personal issues , this last week had gone amazing, until this, now im back in a dark place again.

Anyone else in the UK had issues with the pubic?

Errr, well yes.....

But back to drones, I have had one incident where a bloke asked if I was filming his kids - despite the phantom being a small dot out over the sea - I was tempted to point out they were very ugly kids, but just said no. Generally, people I meet are interested and fascinated by the live view and various fail safes.

Errr, well yes.....

But back to drones, I have had one incident where a bloke asked if I was filming his kids - despite the phantom being a small dot out over the sea - I was tempted to point out they were very ugly kids, but just said no. Generally, people I meet are interested and fascinated by the live view and various fail safes.
That's generally how it's been for me, just one of those days I guess

Generally people are quite happy to see a drone or i fly where no people are to be seen.

This last week ive put a lot of flights in and my confidence in myself and getting out has been soaring (sorry)

First one was a 2 couples dog walking , first starting sticking the middle finger up to the drone then started taking pics of me , i landed and left (I'd initally put it in a holding pattern away from them to allow them to walk passed)

Second as i was packing up (diffrent area) a guy comes along, in an Eatern european accient and tells me in nop uncretin terms "Stop that stupidity round here ( again a totaly legal and senisble flight in a field)

Anyone else in the UK had issues with the pubic? any pratical advice would be great, I supper greatly with anxiety and sold my p2 and p3p because oif my personal issues , this last week had gone amazing, until this, now im back in a dark place again.
I'm not a violent person but 6ft 2in tall and very broad and I'm just waiting to be approached by these idiots.
If anyone gets moody with me then God help them that's all I'm saying.
I tend to have my wife sat next to me so it kind of adds a little back up with me not doing untowards stuff anyhow (not that that thought would cross my mind).
We live in a sick world with sick people but if people are not prepared to give us some space then face the consequences back.

Same here there's a lot of hate out there for drones, I had some old people tell me I am ruining their day with my drone which was 65 metres high and dog walkers who said I was upsetting their dog with my drone which was 90 high metres over the sea. But I as soon as I point out that there dog should be on a lead as per the big sign they got really nasty, but on the he other side I went out early one morning and met 3 old guys who where just nice and want to see my drone and how it worked one even asked where do you put the petrol.

Reactions: Falcon900
When you fall off a horse, you need to jump back into the saddle.

Went out with one battery charged, met a lovely older couple with there grandkids, spent a good 45 mins chatting to them showing them, left with a hug and a handshake, so glad I went back out now, there is good in the world

Sorry to hear that some plebs dont like you having a bit of fun typical of some of the busybodies that are about.. all I can say is either just smile ignore them or take someone else out with you to give you some confidence I recently had a woman with her dog come over and tell my son that the dog was scared of the drone yet it looked more interested than anything else we smiled at her and didnt say to much and she went on her way I think it must of been when I turned around and looked at the her and the dog the dog whimpered when I smiled at it (I think it thought I was gonna eat it) we laughed about her and carried on enjoying our flight. Dont let it stop you enjoying your hobby or make you anxious, I can imagine how you feel after I was told by my doctor to stop working and then found out that I have a short life expectancy I just shut myself away and never went out at all its only the fact that my boy got me interested in drones that I now go out a couple of times a week (weather permitting) with him to have a bit of fun it nearly kills me and the next day I have got a job to walk but I do enjoy it as well as spending some quality time with one of my boys he carries all my gear and even brings a stool for me to sit on I think I got it quite good sometimes.

I'm not a violent person but 6ft 2in tall and very broad and I'm just waiting to be approached by these idiots. If anyone gets moody with me then God help them that's all I'm saying.

That's pretty much the same attitude I have when I fly my drone in public.

I'm a pretty laid back guy, but get in my face with an attitude about my drone and we're gonna have a "situation". I'm 6'2", built like a brick sh*thouse, ex-Army Ranger. Basically the kind of hombre you wont wanna mess with unless you got a death wish. Some bozo wants to scrap with me over my legal right to fly a drone ..... might just be combing thru the grass for some of his missing teeth :p

Reactions: Exsniperex
I've had some looks, but every single person that has ever approached me has been interested and curious. I'm not a very social person (part of the reason I like flying!) but I always take the time to talk to them and dispel the myths about drones and their owners.

I once let a little kid slide the auto take off on my phone. When it powered up and shot off the ground, his face lit up. As he was walking away he said to his parents "That was the coolest thing I've ever done".

Couldn't agree more mate.

Reactions: thatdjigeek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1