Flight Transiting in Abu Dhabi

Reaction score
Hi All, will be travelling to Switzerland and will be transiting in Abu Dhabi.

Anyone met any issues with the authorities in Abu Dhabi on their P3P? Also, is Switzerland strict with drone laws?

Please share your experiences! Thanks!

Reactions: repsej
Things can change drastically over night, but:
Swiss Drone laws: Should you be concerned?

RedHotPoker
Thanks for the info! Seems that the Swiss have very straightforward laws that are almost similar to most of the developed countries; in short, fly safe and respect privacy - will definitely do that.

Am more concerned with Abu Dhabi though.. Although just transiting...

Thanks again!

Tareq Alsaadi is from United Arab Emerits. He is the worlds top RC heli pilot. Reigning king of the sticks. So they understand RC over there, very well... Hahaha
He made sure of that... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Tareq Alsaadi is from United Arab Emerits. He is the worlds top RC heli pilot. Reigning king of the sticks. So they understand RC over there, very well... Hahaha
He made sure of that... ;-)

RedHotPoker
Hahaha thanks. Well.. hope they understands me
:p

Hahaha thanks. Well.. hope they understands me
:p
Just tell them Tareq sent you to entertain... Hahaha
Careful of the expensive yachts!! ;-)

RedHotPoker

Hi, I'll be just transiting Dubai airport early October, for what I've read as long as you don't pass inmigration with the drone you should be ok! A different story if you want to go explore Dubai and have the drone as carry on as you are going to go through customs

My airline doesn't let me take my drone as carry one so I won't have that trouble!

Last edited:
Hi, I'll be just transiting Dubai airport early October, for what I've read as long as you don't pass inmigration with the drone you should be ok! A different story if you want to go explore Dubai and have the drone as carry on as you are going to go through customs

My airline doesn't let me take my drone as carry one so I won't have that trouble!
Cool! Alright noted. Shall stay within the immigration gates, will hand carry though.

To add. I just flew from Dubai to Paris with my P3 and 2 batteries. No one batted an eyelid as it went through 2 X rays and so did my batteries in a separate bag. I just had them wrapped in cloth...no Lipo bag. This was via Prague as well. I live in Dubai and although I don't think it's law yet for registration I intend to register on return. Don't fly anywhere in town though. Arabs take their privacy very seriously. So much so that taking a photo is technically illegal if you don't have people's permission in a photo.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: kiteboy and repsej
To add. I just flew from Dubai to Paris with my P3 and 2 batteries. No one batted an eyelid as it went through 2 X rays and so did my batteries in a separate bag. I just had them wrapped in cloth...no Lipo bag. This was via Prague as well. I live in Dubai and although I don't think it's law yet for registration I intend to register on return. Don't fly anywhere in town though. Arabs take their privacy very seriously. So much so that taking a photo is technically illegal if you don't have people's permission in a photo.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
That is so assuring to hear! Thank you iglenn!

Hi All, will be travelling to Switzerland and will be transiting in Abu Dhabi.

Anyone met any issues with the authorities in Abu Dhabi on their P3P? Also, is Switzerland strict with drone laws?

Please share your experiences! Thanks!

hi, my flight was a abu dhabi leg to USA. its in your carry on they will make you take everything out and check it through the xray and then physically... EVERYTHING...
They were nice about it, but very very firm. i have taken mine to many counties with no issues thus far.

Glad you didn't get too much trouble. I just returned from France through Istanbul with no hassle whatsoever. No questions and I had the batteries in the actual phantom case. Took all as carry on.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

hi, my flight was a abu dhabi leg to USA. its in your carry on they will make you take everything out and check it through the xray and then physically... EVERYTHING...
They were nice about it, but very very firm. i have taken mine to many counties with no issues thus far.
Thanks ebby! Yeah I got through the customs without hassle.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl