Flight tracking app

Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased the Phantom 2. I was thinking it might be fun to use an app to provide reminders for pre / post flight checklists and keep track of battery usage/ status. It might be nice to have a record of how many minutes each battery has been used and how many charges. Routine maintenance reminders would be great as well.

It should also be able to record flight data such as time, distance, altitude, wind, temperature, etc...

Does such an app exist?

If not, what kind of data would be worth while to track? What else should the ideal flight tracking app do?

Hi.

If you install a Flytrex http://www.flytrex.com then that will track your individual flights. It records time (switch on to switch off), distance, height, speed, outside temperature - and plots the flight track on maps and graphs the data for you. You can manually record details against each flight for weather, etc. However it won't automatically track things like hours on the battery/motors individually without you manually noting this information. You don't have to publish your flights publicly but whether you do or not you can export them as .csv files so you could build your own database around it if you wanted.

Not as "all-in-one" as you wanted, but I've not come across anything else like it so far.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4