Flight Times

Reaction score
I've been flying my Phantom 2 now for about 2 months. Still a novice, but slowly getting the hang of things. I have a Phantom 2 w/ Zenmuse Gimbal and GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition. The only item I added was the prop guards. Other than that, it's the same as it was out of the box. There's probably 7-8 hours total flight time on the bird and the 5200mAh battery. I've noticed my flight times falling. Since I've been flying a lot in some breezy conditions, I chalked it up to the extra power it has to expend to adjust to the conditions. However, this morning I flew in perfect conditions. I rushed out at 7:00am because the weather app showed "CALM" winds, which is unheard of where I live. Anyway, I ran the Phantom down to one bar and flashing red LED's. I got 15 minutes flight time. Any suggestions from you seasoned veterans?

Your flight time of 15 mins is pretty good for what your bird has on it. The 25 min time advertised is very exagerated and applies to the bird itself w/o gimbal etc... Weight is the holy grail of flight times.

Thanks, that's good to know. Any idea how long these batteries last before replacement? Eventually, I would like to have an extra battery, but at $159, have to wait awhile.

Don't worry, the battery will last around 300 cycles.. You can always connect the USB and check the battery health.

15 minutes while fully loaded with gimbal, etc is pretty normal. I get the first battery warning at 15 minutes. I have an alarm on my RC and it goes off almost exactly the same time the P2 lights turn red regardless of conditions or how I fly. There's a thread on battery life just starting out in the P2 section: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8510

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers