Flight Times

Reaction score
Hello fellow Vision Plus users.

Has anyone had any correspondence or dealings with any DJI service centres dealing with flight times.

What I am trying to find out is what DJI consider the minimum flight times that are acceptable before they become concerned if there Is either a problem with the Phantom or battery.

If you have any correspondence stating min flight times etc I would be very interested.

Happy flying

The stated "25 minutes" is a maximum. I generally get 19-21 minutes on an average flight, but I have pushed it as far as 22+. Were I to hover until the battery was near depleted I think I could get 25 or **** close. I will try this my next time out.

As far as minimums go...

Try just hovering on a calm day... take it all the way down to under 8% battery left where you have to force it to stay in the air because it wants to land... you should be getting at least 20 minutes... If you're not I would say you must have some sort of problem somewhere.

Thanks for the reply guys, the longest flight time I have been able to attain is 18 minutes and that is taking the battery down until it will no longer stay in the air with my input. On average my flights are 16-17 minutes depleting the battery to the second level alert.

In the new version of the app with the battery bar and flight time, the longest flight time displayed so far has also been 18 minutes. In the updated manual, the diagram for the app with battery bar says 20 minutes.

It seems like DJI are dodging the question

It could be like MPG or l/100km though...

In a windless room, using a test rig etc etc, the battery life is X... In the real world however, it's X-n where n equals any number of variables.

The other thing to note (and something I don't see in many of these flight time threads) is how much you're using the camera during these times you're specifically watching the clock.

DownunderPhantom said:
Thanks for the reply guys, the longest flight time I have been able to attain is 18 minutes and that is taking the battery down until it will no longer stay in the air with my input. On average my flights are 16-17 minutes depleting the battery to the second level alert.

In the new version of the app with the battery bar and flight time, the longest flight time displayed so far has also been 18 minutes. In the updated manual, the diagram for the app with battery bar says 20 minutes.

It seems like DJI are dodging the question

I get about 15 to 18 minutes reported via the app. I don't think that is an accurate reflection of reality though. I'd say try timing it to see if you actually get longer than the estimated. I think they've dumbed it down so people don't fly it out a far distance thinking they can get back in time.

I got 19 minutes this morning when I grabbed it at 19% battery. That was running time on my video. I started the video about 1 to 1.5 minutes after powering on the phantom. I also ran the phantom at full tilt for probably 15 of those 19 minutes. As a side note I got 33 mph consistently in one direction and 28 in the other with 3.06 in GPS atti. I was happy with that speed. Also I got the first battery warning at 20% today.

BlackTracer said:
I got 19 minutes this morning when I grabbed it at 19% battery. That was running time on my video. I started the video about 1 to 1.5 minutes after powering on the phantom. I also ran the phantom at full tilt for probably 15 of those 19 minutes. As a side note I got 33 mph consistently in one direction and 28 in the other with 3.06 in GPS atti. I was happy with that speed. Also I got the first battery warning at 20% today.

It reads like you are in GPS mode not ATTI mode. For me ATTI mode at full tilt is generally much higher speed, like in the 50's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers