Flight time & transmission distance TESTED & CONFIRMED

Law or not, what is the reason? Why OK in the US, why NOK in EU? Technical reasons, health reasons, or just a "aye, now, 'tis how we always did 'ere laddie, better get used to it or we'll gie ye a skelpit lug so you 'member".

/// Tom
Too funny!

Reactions: Peter Galbavy
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I came across this well-made Mavic review in Chinese, and here are their real-world test results for flight time and radio transmission distance:

Flight time (3'10" in video): Orbit mode at 10m radius and 10m altitude in medium wind: 8% battery left after 24 minutes, and battery completely drained after 26 minutes. Repeated tests show similar results (25-26 minutes)

Transmission distance (4'25" in video): Weak transmission signal warning at 6km (3.7mi), however "no hiccups in video feed were observed". Continued to 7km (4.3mi) without problems, and the tester decided to bring the Mavic back due to battery level concerns.
Would be nice to have the video done with some one who can speak english

68eb995b16c243fa4bb483cdee4b2375.jpg

You can see the "clamp" just barely holding he top of the iPad!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Can you tell or guess whether that's a mini or regular iPad?

Another range test. (BTW the author mentions that the underexposure in a few places was commanded, not due to a problem.)

7 km that's awesome! I hope this will not be crippled over here in EU. Why with the Phantom we get only like 2.5 km (1.5 miles) in perfect LOS conditions. A little further if you're prepared to fly while constantly losing the video feed.

/// Tom

P3A, Stock RC, no mods, no windsurfer, EU (Portugal - see GPS coordinates) : Over 3,6 km, no lost of signal.

Last edited:
If the proposed laws come to pass the max range in Europe could be 100 meters.

And people ask why I'm a libertarian? Because that kind of crap.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31