Flight Time P3S

This is not normal if the battery was at 100% on takeoff.

Reactions: jointeffort
Yep that is not normal for a broken in 100% charged battery. If I remember correctly, my first couple of flights on a new battery is ~15 min. But after a few flights I typically get ~19 min.

Everything at 100% before flight . I have another Battery I will try , but there are only few flights on this one . I bought this Drone this year & DJI had it for about three months altogether ,including shipping time . It wasn't repaired the first time I sent it in & had to send it right back .
I lost a Prop. & down she went ,it looked like they rebuilt the Gimbal assembly , according to the Bill .
I have Prop Guards on , if that makes difference .

Thanks for replying

Yes the guards will create drag, and depending on the type of flying you do, it may have a noticeable impact on flight time.

I didn't know that about the Battery , interesting , that may be part of the issue , because the one has one flight on it & the original has only a half dozen or so , but wasn't used for three months . I have to check this out & report back .
Thanks

Yes the guards will create drag, and depending on the type of flying you do, it may have a noticeable impact on flight time.
Not so, they have a minimal impact on fight time. Even on a windy day, maybe a minute or two at most. Most folks that post negative things about prop guards have either never used them, or blame them for causing a mishap that was really pilot error. I've used them and have not used them on the same bird and there's minimal impact on either flight characteristics or flight time, at least with the Phantom 3.

I'm getting about 12 min. of video flight time before a Battery warning goes off @ 22% , is this normal .
Not sure what you're trying to say with "video flight time", but you should be getting about ten more minutes than that total flight time.

I get 21-23 minutes flight time, using prop guards on my P3S. The low battery warning starts at 20 minutes, more or less. You should be getting the same!

I start the Video recording as soon as I'm air born & am using video recording time as a timer . Reason I used it in the description is , I wasn't sure if it made a difference in flight time or as a time calculation . I would think it would , but not sure .
I will do another flight today, if not too windy , with the other Battery .

I start the Video recording as soon as I'm air born & am using video recording time as a timer . Reason I used it in the description is , I wasn't sure if it made a difference in flight time or as a time calculation . I would think it would , but not sure .
I will do another flight today, if not too windy , with the other Battery .
Don't think whether you're recording or not has any impact on flight time.

I just noticed today , charging the Batt.'s , that it was my new Batt. I used , probably for the first time , so that may be it . The way its raining around here now , not sure when the next flight will be with my older batt. to see how it does .

Make sure it is actually fully charged, check your battery warning settings and lastly check the voltages on the battery cells to make sure it's in good condition.

Flew with my original Batt. today & got 12 min. of video & still had almost 14 min . of flight left , if thats what that timer clock thingy reads at the top .lol I think the new Batt. needs some break in time as was said , thanks , I will test some more this weekend , now that there is no Tropical storms around .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl