Flight Time.. Battery

Reaction score
What sort of flight time are we getting with the Zenmuse gimbal fitted. I have noticed a significant and sadly terrible drop of in flight time since fitting the Zenmuse. Went to do some filming on Friday,took 3 batteries with me expecting to get between 25-30mins flight out of the 3. First flight 4mins, second and third flights 2-3mins before constant flashing red battery warning. Once the light starts flashing it seems I now have less than 30 seconds to bring home before it can no longer maintain lift.
Has anybody else noticed this significant drop in performance.
Alex :(

Welcome to heavy and battery killer gimbals nightmare...

I've read that Zenmuse average flight time with standar batteries (2200mah 20C-30C) is 5-6 minutes. Same that Arris (mine is this), Tarot and other brushless motor gimbals.
With your battery you should get at least 4 minutes, but it is relative to wind conditions, flight style, and another stuff on phantom. Also, may be yor 3 minutes battery could be damaged. Check it with an individual-cell charge meter.

Is there any way to disable the zenmuse from charging the gopro while connected. I see this as a waste of power on an already battery limited setup I cant see why you would want to use any of this on topping up the gopro. I have spare batteries for my gopros and can get a few flights out of each I wouldn't want the main battery to provide power for the gopro at all.

Just try to look at it as the glass being half full.
I get 5 1/2 to 6 minutes with my Arris+FPV, which is ok.
i set a timer on my Futaba so that at 5 minutes I take her back home and land, no sense pushing the limits unless I'm flying in an open field.
but I to, experience significantly less time once the first failsafe kicks in,. had a few unexpected self-landings, one came down awfully hard.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj