Flight time/battery life - solid 20 minutes at 30%

Reaction score
I had a pretty easy and non aggressive flight earlier today and I got 20 minutes out of my battery. The first alarm sounded at 30%, so I figure I could have easily achieved the 25 minutes of flying time had I pushed it further, say down to 15%. I was quite pleased with this result and it was the longest I've had so far. Don't know why for sure and since I'm still learning and a relatively 'calm' flyer to begin with.

Sasquatch said:
I had a pretty easy and non aggressive flight earlier today and I got 20 minutes out of my battery. The first alarm sounded at 30%, so I figure I could have easily achieved the 25 minutes of flying time had I pushed it further, say down to 15%. I was quite pleased with this result and it was the longest I've had so far. Don't know why for sure and since I'm still learning and a relatively 'calm' flyer to begin with.

How old is the battery? Were you recording? Not sure why I can't get 20 minutes down to 30%, even under the conditions you state.

JWarren said:
Both my Phantoms I can get 20 minutes with 25% left.

Good to know and at least you can back me up on my claims! :)

I was really impressed today and for some reason which I don't know, I ended up getting about 4 extra minutes than usual before the 30% alarm went off. After the first alarm goes off, I always land my bird and because I'm still a new flyer and prefer to not take any risks.

Sasquatch said:
JWarren said:
Both my Phantoms I can get 20 minutes with 25% left.

Good to know and at least you can back me up on my claims! :)

I was really impressed today and for some reason which I don't know, I ended up getting about 4 extra minutes than usual before the 30% alarm went off. After the first alarm goes off, I always land my bird and because I'm still a new flyer and prefer to not take any risks.

Smart battery? Stock charger?

I think a lot of it depends what elevation you are flying at. Not height but actual elevation. I live in Colorado and when I go high in the mountains like 9500' or higher I get a lot less battery than when I'm down low flying around 5000'

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

How about outside air temperature? Are you flying in cool/cold weather up there in Canada? Down in the southeastern US, I am only getting about 16 minutes on a fully charged new battery with 85 degree Fahrenheit temperatures.

dezunka said:
How about outside air temperature? Are you flying in cool/cold weather up there in Canada? Down in the southeastern US, I am only getting about 16 minutes on a fully charged new battery with 85 degree Fahrenheit temperatures.

It's hard to say for sure, I've only had 7 flights so far.

What is true however, (today) was the coolest day I've flown to date and with the least humidity. It was about 70 F or 21 C. this morning when I flew. I've also heard and read that the batteries need to be broken in and get a little better after a few charges. I was flying rather conservatively too so I just don't know for sure. All I can say is that I got 20 minutes of flight time and after my 30% alarm went off. That is approximately 4 extra minutes than I have gotten in my previous flights.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj