Flight simulator

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Getting my P3 advanced today, I,m struggling to find how to download the flight simulator to my Android phone or my i pad and Macbook, is it in the DJI go app ?? if not, can anyone help please

Charlie

It's part of the DJI Go app, but you have to connect the remote to the P3A and then the app to the remote before you can access the simulator. You control the simulator with the remote.

Thanks Mike, Machine has just arrived, i,ve put the battery on charge but don't know if it,s on or off ( recommends battery of for charging ) currently only one out the four led,s flashing, is this ok, I appreciate your help

Hello Charlie
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

You need to put the battery on charge while you read the manual completely. This isn't really a buy-n-fly system. Even though it's possible you can do that the odds for a crash or fly-away are MUCH greater if you don't know what all the bells & whistles (safety features) are with the whole aircraft system. There are some critical items that need to be checked/adjusted before the first flight. If you don't get those items correct there might not be a 2nd flight.

Reactions: Pharm
Hello Charlie
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

You need to put the battery on charge while you read the manual completely. This isn't really a buy-n-fly system. Even though it's possible you can do that the odds for a crash or fly-away are MUCH greater if you don't know what all the bells & whistles (safety features) are with the whole aircraft system. There are some critical items that need to be checked/adjusted before the first flight. If you don't get those items correct there might not be a 2nd flight.
Thanks for that, I,m not sure if the battery is off ( recommended ) at the moment 2 led,s are flashing, i assume all 4 will flash when fully charged and then go off, is this ok at the moment

When the battery is charging the LED will "cycle" from lowest to highest but only up to the percentage equivalent of LED. For instance when the battery is approximately 1/2 charged it will cycle LEDs up to #2... like this:

off, 1 LED, 2 LED, off, 1 LED, 2 LED, off ..................

When it's approximately 75% it will do 3 LED like this:

off, 1 LED, 2 LED, 3 LED off, off, 1 LED, 2 LED, 3 LED off, ........................

When it's almost full it will indicate with:
off, 1 LED, 2 LED, 3 LED, 4 LED, off, off, 1 LED, 2 LED, 3 LED, 4 LED, off,..............

When the battery is FULLY charged it will have no LED and the charging will be complete.

Reactions: cfd701
When the battery is charging the LED will "cycle" from lowest to highest but only up to the percentage equivalent of LED. For instance when the battery is approximately 1/2 charged it will cycle LEDs up to #2... like this:

off, 1 LED, 2 LED, off, 1 LED, 2 LED, off ..................

When it's approximately 75% it will do 3 LED like this:

off, 1 LED, 2 LED, 3 LED off, off, 1 LED, 2 LED, 3 LED off, ........................

When it's almost full it will indicate with:
off, 1 LED, 2 LED, 3 LED, 4 LED, off, off, 1 LED, 2 LED, 3 LED, 4 LED, off,..............

When the battery is FULLY charged it will have no LED and the charging will be complete.

Thank you for that, it's quite a machine and will have to go through the manual as you suggested to ensure i get no problems in the field, i'm still unsure if the battery and controller are switched off when it's charging, IE: the controller is charging as we speak, 2 x led lights are flashing green but the circle to the left of the led's is doing nothing ?

When you apply the charger to the battery or the Tx they will power up the connected device while charging. Once completely charged they power the device OFF.

Thank you for that, it's quite a machine and will have to go through the manual as you suggested to ensure i get no problems in the field, i'm still unsure if the battery and controller are switched off when it's charging, IE: the controller is charging as we speak, 2 x led lights are flashing green but the circle to the left of the led's is doing nothing ?
In general, read the manual most of critical info are in it. It is the kind of product where it is critical to really read the manual at first. If you have question, please ask here, you are welcome. It is known that it is not that obvious to operate it and many expert will be happy to support you in this process.
There is also a big list here DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help with a big list of material and tutorial that is our first reference.
In general, when you see something strange, it is better to be on the safe side and first bring the P3 back to safety and ask here. Experience is really the key point in having fun with a drone and a step by step approach is the best. Nobody will criticize you for obvious question.
From my experience one of the critical point when you get an average experience level is to fully understand the RTH (Return To Home) process. This is your plan B to get it back. RTH operates well as it is designed but it has to be configured correctly in advance and some of its default value like return altitude has to be correctly set. When you will get it right, probably because you had to use a few time, you will be more confortable with flying that machine. Don't forget it is just a machine and it can still fail. Think in advance and anticipate problems, again small step by step approach is the best.
Happy flight.

Speaking of simulator fun... (I actually hate the simulator, it's rather useless), try this for giggles and ONLY do it on the simulator! take your bird up to the max altitude, do a hard motor stop (sticks down and out), of course it will fall from the sky like a rock :eek:. Try to restart your motors manually (sticks down and out again) and see if you can right your bird, give it full throttle and zoom back up before you hit the ground. I actually did it! Got down to about 35ft before the lift kicked in and it took off without hitting the ground :p. The only reason I tried it is because I read of some folks panicking and stopping their motors in mid flight. Just wondered IF you could restart the bird, get it right and keep from hitting the ground should that ever really happen. Would not want to test it live. :rolleyes: Challenge... how low can YOU go without grounding?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav