Flight simulator

Reaction score
My p4p will arrive Wed. Since it's way to cold to stand outside, I will be using the simulator for awhile. Read various forums and still not sure if (after all the updates) I can just power on the controller or if I also need to power on the p4p. Thanks in advance.

You need to power on your P4P too.

Reactions: djcWI
My p4p will arrive Wed. Since it's way to cold to stand outside, I will be using the simulator for awhile. Read various forums and still not sure if (after all the updates) I can just power on the controller or if I also need to power on the p4p. Thanks in advance.

Like others said you need to power on the drone as well.

I would like to add that the p4p+ controller got extremely hot while I was flying in the simulator. After maybe 10 minutes I had to stop just because the controller was red hot.

Reactions: djcWI
Like others said you need to power on the drone as well.

I would like to add that the p4p+ controller got extremely hot while I was flying in the simulator. After maybe 10 minutes I had to stop just because the controller was red hot.

Same here... Felt like the next Note 7. Something in the controller is being battery hungry, and causing some major heat! Safety concern. Sure would suck if the Phantom's ended up on a no fly list due to battery issues. Hopefully DJI puts it on the priority list.

Thanks Jim and smoking! With heat issues on android it's usually do to heavy battery draw. Hopefully that's just a simulator issue and not an issue with G0 4 or worse, the battery. DJI Assistant 2 is also supposed to have a simulator so think I will see if I can get that to work on my PC. Drone should arrive tomorrow.

DJI Assistant 2 is also supposed to have a simulator so think I will see if I can get that to work on my PC

....are there P4P drone simulator(s) out there that can be installed on a laptop (Win7), so that the "arrow" keyboard keys (or, mouse, or ThinkPad nib) can be utilized to simulate the flight?

In addition to the controller getting hot, the battery inside the aircraft will get pretty hot if in simulator mode (and thus not moving) for an extended period. Heat is not that great for the battery, although will probably do no harm for limited periods of time.

It seems so unnecessary for the aircraft to be powered up and linked to the controller for the simulator to work, I wonder why DJI has it set up that way?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj