Reaction score
Flight Report P3P (RC A Type) Android N7 II v1.3.20
Updated fine as always
MUI Compass Calibrated

Flight was Stable
VPS Solid at 3m and 1m

Report:

Nexus 7 II was at Start 63% end of flights 43% Power
Nexus was Extremely hot never before experienced.
2 Batteries used in flight
72 F outside temp no wind.
DJI Hood used Shaded by silhouette most of the time.

Signal loss twice ( Shut down of app and restart of app needed to re gain connection.)

One GAPPs errr it really does not bother me to much anymore.

Beginner mode test: Very soft on stopping slid way too much for my liking. ( I understand that cannot be changed in beginner mode correct? )

GPS Mode Stopped on a dime ( I like mine with hard stops )

Video Mode fine.

Report Complete: 8/9/2015

Any other Nexus 7 II reports on heat?

Exactly the same setup (Nexus 7 ii).

I'll have to check Nexus temperature on next flight.

Video quality fine, range fine, flew out to 2.3 km today.

I've had the signal loss thing on 2 different flights, really hate that, wish I could figure out how to stop that from happening.

What is the GAPPs error you are referring to? What happens and how do you fix it?

Exactly the same setup (Nexus 7 ii).

I'll have to check Nexus temperature on next flight.

Video quality fine, range fine, flew out to 2.3 km today.

I've had the signal loss thing on 2 different flights, really hate that, wish I could figure out how to stop that from happening.

What is the GAPPs error you are referring to? What happens and how do you fix it?

Please do on the temperature, it was the front left of the Nexus, I have not ever felt it that hot before. Lets just say it stood out on this flight.
Possible reasons? The battery was not full at 100% on the N7 something I usually have it at before flight. It could be getting old for it's day.
Or maybe the Firmware.

The Gapps error ( Google Services ) it's been around for years and comes up a few times, it pops up a screen as and error with a window you close and it goes away, it's a minor nuance thing and does not put the P3 in any jeopardy. But new owners freak out...

Please do let me know what you find out with heat.
I will maybe have time before the weekend to zip it around after work.
Tim

Edit: I did some searching and it seems graphic intensive apps on the N7 will get heat buildup by the left side near the camera. It seems as well the N7 can handle quite a bit of heat too. :)

I wonder if the 1.3 is doing more graphic processing .

Last edited:
Thanks on Gapps, yes i've read about that and seen it.

Mine gets warm. I'll check again on Wednesday (that's when I'll fly next) and try to localize more for you.

How graphics gets handled is a big deal for these tablets, and in general it seems these android platforms, perhaps with the exception of the Shield, don't seem to handle the video as easily as some of the Apple products.

OK, flight with 1.3.20 and pilot went OK. Did lock up once, but that is not unusual. The section of my n7 by the camera did get warm, but not really hot. The battery started at 91, after 14 min flight, it was 85%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues