Flight Records - iPad - Android Phone

AWD

Reaction score
OK, so I keep reading about people having to upload their flight records in order to be able to determine what has happened in a crash, nuclear attack, shark attack at sea or whatever the crisis might be.

Figured I would at least try to find them and be ready, should the need arise.

At first I tried connecting the iPad to the laptop via cable, starting iTunes and looking for the records.

Nothing. All I could see were the default music files which I never used. In fact I don't believe I've ever used iTunes on the Windows laptop.

Then I read a message where a user had just synced his flight records from the iPad and viewed them on his Android phone. Good idea. I tried that and could at least see my previous flight for a change as the iPad deletes them for some reason when syncing.

Now to find those TXT files.

Connected the Android phone to the Windows laptop and sure enough, there was the directory for DJI GO and the files in the Flight Records directory.

The flights appear to start on the correct day (10-16) but they end at 11-19 instead of continuing on through last night (12-03).

Evidently if I needed to upload my Flight Record TXT file from yesterday, I wouldn't have any?

I'm sure I'm missing something here but at least I can see where the flight records SHOULD be now.

AD

You can find your TXT flight logs in iTunes like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: ImDroning
You know, I've watched that particular video about a dozen times. Always got stuck somewhere just after starting iTunes. Decided to take it literally "screen by screen" today to see what I was missing.

Evidently I needed another cup of coffee.

Somewhere immediately after opening iTunes, I somehow have been missing the part about "selecting a device" which is why nothing was showing up. Once I clicked on the positively unlabeled and nondescript icon meant to convey what you wanted to connect to, it all fell into place.

So, life is good. I can see ALL of the flight records and hopefully I won't be uploading them anywhere soon due to some major catastrophe with the copter.

Thanks.

AD (40 hours of flight time and I finally figure out where the records are)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan