Flight record stops recording after signal loss? Is this common?

Reaction score
Hello folks, I've had my P3S for almost a month, today I decided to turn off the maximum distance and use the FPV for most of the flight. At almost 2000 meters l was getting a lost signal warning and also lost the live feed intermittently, off for a few seconds then on, off, on.....
Thinking the P3 would initiate RTH, I started walking toward the aircraft. After approximately 30 meters I had full control and video, I was able to take it another 250 m or so further before I started losing the signal again. I initiated RTH and brought it closer before I took the controls back.
As you can see, this is all the flight record shows from my flight.
BTW, the lakes are frozen and the ground is covered in snow, I'm above the 48th parallel. All my equipment is stock.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451533336.674758.jpg

My experience has been that during a moment of signal loss of FPV, the aircraft does not log it on flight record.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Seems when you loose FPV video it drops recording of the fligh logs also.Just an observation.

Seems to me the flight logs recorded on the iPhone drops but the flight logs on the drone are continuous (since the signal loss does not affect the drone recording its own GPS data).

Flying is right. The one time I lost signal I still had RC control but my iPhone never made contact with my bird again until after RTH so my log looks like I flew straight out then disappeared from existence. But the phantom itself probably has an uninterrupted log on board.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik