Flight planning with airspace authorization (part 107)

My first two requests via the online form in September were for a specific date and location, and were rejected because these were too early for Class C -- our local Air Force base. But then, one was requested in early December for the period Jan 1 to April 1 for max 80 feet, from 1.2 NM to 5 NM (outside that of course is okay anyway). Permission finally came back at the end of January, but included Jan 29 to July 30 - Great!

"Too early"? That's nuts though. So if you get a job and the client wants it complete in a week, it's absolutely impossible? I guess I might as well say no to any job in Class B.

"Too early"? That's nuts though. So if you get a job and the client wants it complete in a week, it's absolutely impossible? I guess I might as well say no to any job in Class B.

No, no. It was "too early" only because the FAA was in the process of rolling out the response process for Classes B, C, and D at that time; It was only September at the time and they had just begun the submittal mechanism.

Please go ahead and submit the time window you want, but here is tip: Ask for at least 90 days, and specify a complete inclusive radius from the airport(s) in question (example, "Outside a radius of 1.5 NM from airport center [xxx] long, [yyy] lat, at a height of no greater than 80 feet AGL"). DON'T get too complicated or too specific to this neighborhood or that. Mine actually INCLUDES the end of a long runway, but the FAA knows I'm NOT going there, simply because it violates many other rules they require us to follow...Oh, and I would be arrested by security anyway - Ha.

I should have clarified that. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: AyeYo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan