Flight mode function "A"

Reaction score
When would you ever toggle to function "A" flight mode? Seems like we just use "P" and "F".

Faster speed for speed freaks. I use it to allow the copter just continue along in a given direction and then yaw slowly while filming (although the wind will take it off course). Slow yaws can be tough, and being able to let go of the right stick helps. Pays to stay WAY away from obstacles in A (Attitude) mode, though. :)

It could also rescue you (theoretically) from a flyaway, since it disconnects from GPS.

Attitude mode also gives a smoother video. Like JohnK stated, obstacles can jump out into your way.

obstacles can jump out into your way.

I was able to hit a tree flying over a football field in Atti mode. I lost track of nose orientation, and full throttled right ... and sent the copter left. I let go of the stick expecting it to stop, but ... oops.

Fortunately that was with my P1 in my early days!

I fly in A mode more than I fly in P mode - I practice making control responses instinctive, visually and using the map, so that I don't have to depend on RTH or GPS to control my P3P. A mode just seems more fun, and then when I want to relax I just switch to P...just my own personal preference.

I was able to hit a tree flying over a football field in Atti mode. I lost track of nose orientation, and full throttled right ... and sent the copter left. I let go of the stick expecting it to stop, but ... oops.

Fortunately that was with my P1 in my early days!
Yes, I have done very similar things in A mode, especially when I was learning. That's why I started practicing in A mode so if a situation every occurred when GPS wasn't available, I would be prepared. That situation was much more likely with the P2, and not so much with the P3, but you never know....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31