Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Flight Logs

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by BigAl07, Sep 20, 2015.

1. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

What type of "Maintenance" do you do with your flight logs etc? Any reason to keep them long-term?

Does anyone routinely delete them?

I've got all of mine uploaded to Drone Logbook so I don't need them for that reason. I'm thinking I should keep maybe the last 5 or so just in case I come across a problem and can trouble shoot back a few flights using HealthyDrone.

Any suggestions?

Allen

2. RCFantom

I Keep all of mine, they are so small, why not? Mine are uploaded on Replay and Flytrex... I mainly keep them for use in Dashware, Outside of just a log book, who knows if us hobbyists will ever need them should there ever be a need for documented flight time required for any type of FAA licensing that may never or may ever come into to play

3. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

RCFantom good points. I'll probably make a backup of mine routinely (That's the nerd in me) just to have on hand. Also I keep all of my logs in Drone Logbook up to date for documentation purposes. I carried a "hard back" pilot logbook with me until I found Drone LogBook and now I just keep an up to date print out with me just in case. Plus I have to do monthly reports so it's nice to have everything in one neat and tidy place.

Thanks for the info.

4. lotusteve

Is there software or apps to save all the flight logs,if so what do you recommend to use.

BigAl07 likes this.
  5. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's not the easiest process but I download the logs from my tablet to my laptop, upload to a website to convert them to the correct format, download that to my laptop, then upload the new file to Drone Logbook. There it stores all the information you want and allows great reports etc. Best of all it's FREE!

I find that I need to do this a few times a week ( I fly almost daily) or I get way behind quickly.

#5 BigAl07, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  6. lotusteve

Where do you get the logs from in the first place ?

7. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

They are stored on your tablet and I think they are also stored inside the aircraft as well.

8. lotusteve

Thanks for the help.. all sorted now. The app for my ipad mini cost 79 pence.. very good as well.

BigAl07 likes this.
  9. RCFantom

Login to the site - Flight Replay - Flight Log Visualizer

I have been using this site for a long time, so far I have 269 flights logged, and if I ever use them for Dashware, I just download the CSV File....

10. kevinm

Approved Vendor

@BigAl07 flight logs seem to be one of those things where you don't really need them until you really do. It's not worth paying for a solution just to store them - Logbook is a great option for you to store your logs for free.

If you're looking for a free solution that will let you store logs and also give you other things like analytics, weather, airspace information, 3-D flight viewing, etc. check us out here: trydash.nvdrones.com. We'll always be free for hobbyists looking to store their flight logs somewhere.

Happy to answer any questions you might have.

BigAl07 likes this.