Flight Logs

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
What type of "Maintenance" do you do with your flight logs etc? Any reason to keep them long-term?

Does anyone routinely delete them?

I've got all of mine uploaded to Drone Logbook so I don't need them for that reason. I'm thinking I should keep maybe the last 5 or so just in case I come across a problem and can trouble shoot back a few flights using HealthyDrone.

Any suggestions?

Allen

I Keep all of mine, they are so small, why not? Mine are uploaded on Replay and Flytrex... I mainly keep them for use in Dashware, Outside of just a log book, who knows if us hobbyists will ever need them should there ever be a need for documented flight time required for any type of FAA licensing that may never or may ever come into to play

RCFantom good points. I'll probably make a backup of mine routinely (That's the nerd in me) just to have on hand. Also I keep all of my logs in Drone Logbook up to date for documentation purposes. I carried a "hard back" pilot logbook with me until I found Drone LogBook and now I just keep an up to date print out with me just in case. Plus I have to do monthly reports so it's nice to have everything in one neat and tidy place.

Thanks for the info.

Is there software or apps to save all the flight logs,if so what do you recommend to use.

Reactions: BigAl07
Is there software or apps to save all the flight logs,if so what do you recommend to use.
It's not the easiest process but I download the logs from my tablet to my laptop, upload to a website to convert them to the correct format, download that to my laptop, then upload the new file to Drone Logbook. There it stores all the information you want and allows great reports etc. Best of all it's FREE!

I find that I need to do this a few times a week ( I fly almost daily) or I get way behind quickly.

Last edited:
It's not the easiest process but I download the logs from my tablet to my laptop, upload to a website to convert them to the correct format, download that to my laptop, then upload the new file to Drone Logbook. There is stores all the information you want and allows great reports etc. Best of all it's FREE!

I find that I need to do this a few times a week ( I fly almost daily) or I get way behind quickly.
Where do you get the logs from in the first place ?

They are stored on your tablet and I think they are also stored inside the aircraft as well.

Thanks for the help.. all sorted now. The app for my ipad mini cost 79 pence.. very good as well.

@BigAl07 flight logs seem to be one of those things where you don't really need them until you really do. It's not worth paying for a solution just to store them - Logbook is a great option for you to store your logs for free.

If you're looking for a free solution that will let you store logs and also give you other things like analytics, weather, airspace information, 3-D flight viewing, etc. check us out here: trydash.nvdrones.com. We'll always be free for hobbyists looking to store their flight logs somewhere.

Happy to answer any questions you might have.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl