Flight log

Reaction score
Have about 50 hrs with a P2V. New to the P4 and dji go app. Where can i find instructions on generating and downloading a flight log with view of track and other flight parameters and where can i store it ?
Thank you

To get the .DAT files, download and install the DJI Assistant 2 software onto your computer, and hook up the P4 to it, and turn it on, with props off. It will be one of the available options on the left. Downloading them takes forever, so be patient.

Yo GadgetGuy got it done thank you Denny
You are welcome. Having just used the Assistant 2 software the night before to do exactly that myself, it was very fresh in my mind! :cool:

Hiya

Once you have got the .DAT files how do you view them?

Sorry for what I suppose is a stupid question but have only had my P4 for two weeks

MapsMadeEasy.com has a website program on their site to allow you to view the flight and read some of the embedded data, after you upload a .DAT file.

Have about 50 hrs with a P2V. New to the P4 and dji go app. Where can i find instructions on generating and downloading a flight log with view of track and other flight parameters and where can i store it ?
Thank you
...av8r, have you tried HealthyDrones (HealthyDrones(dot)com) to date there isn't credible .dat file converter avail to the public, but HealthyDrones
is damned good at what it does using the DJIFlightRecord_*.txt file, i've used the other srvc mentioned with mixed results, mostly wildly inaccurate AND the since the .DAT files are HUGH they're a pain to deal with...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

To get the .DAT files, download and install the DJI Assistant 2 software onto your computer, and hook up the P4 to it, and turn it on, with props off. It will be one of the available options on the left. Downloading them takes forever, so be patient.
How long is forever? 45 minutes and I can't see the Flight Index yet. :-(

How long is forever? 45 minutes and I can't see the Flight Index yet. :-(
Perhaps try reconnecting again and restarting.
Flight index should not take long to display. It's the actual transfer of the individual selected .DAT files that takes forever to complete over USB 2.0. Half an hour tops, and point a fan on the aircraft during the process so it doesn't overheat.

Are you using the most recent version of the Assistant 2 software? Also, make sure the aircraft battery is also turned ON, and has enough charge to complete the 30 minute plus process, and do use a fan pointed at the aircraft. Good luck!

Version is V01.00.0002. Battery is on and was fully charged. Overhead fan to cool both of us.
Sounds like you are doing everything right!
Maybe DJI can figure it out for you. In the interim, the .txt logs are stored on the tablet itself, and can provide great info using HealthyDrones.com

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl