Flight info on Mp4 file

Reaction score
My p3a just started to show flight info in my Mp4 file played back on VLC media player, it states the GPS Coordinates and some other info.

Did i change some setting this was not on before?

If you're playing it right off the microsd card, there's a hidden file in there (I forget the extension) for each video, that VLC sees as subtitles. It's kinda cool.

Reactions: whoreable
the extension you are looking for is .srt, it's the same thing as caption for movie.

you probably change that setting in the video section "CAPTION", you can turn it back OFF if you want.

the extension you are looking for is .srt, it's the same thing as caption for movie.

you probably change that setting in the video section "CAPTION", you can turn it back OFF if you want.

Yes, that info is stored in the .srt file if the caption is ON.

BTW, unfortunately EXIF data in photos currently shows the GPS altitude from sea level (which is unreliable). On the other hand the video caption .srt shows a more reliable altitude from the home point from the AC barometer.

I don't seem to have the "CAPTION" option under the video tab. ?

I'm not sure (someone can confirm), i think you have to powerup the bird to see the CAPTION setting in video section.

please try it and confirm, i don't have access to my P3A right now.

Hmm I have the SD card in the computer. You think I need to put it in the bird and connect the bird to the computer?

SD card in the computer ?

We are talking about some setting in the DJI go App.
There is nothing relating with the computer here.

Once, you have activate CAPTION, you will see the .SRT file just in the same place as the .MP4 file
So you will have to copy the .MP4 file and .SRT file to your computer and play the .MP4 file with a player that support CAPTION (like VLC Player)

SD card in the computer ?

We are talking about some setting in the DJI go App.
There is nothing relating with the computer here.

Once, you have activate CAPTION, you will see the .SRT file just in the same place as the .MP4 file
So you will have to copy the .MP4 file and .SRT file to your computer and play the .MP4 file with a player that support CAPTION (like VLC Player)
Sorry, I thought the caption option was supposed to be in the VLC media player video tab section.

In fact, there will be also a option in the VLC player to activate and desactivate the CAPTION.

:)

"I don't seem to have the "CAPTION" option under the video tab. ?"
You have not latest firmware / app but it was already present at DJI PILOT app time last year.
! it is not in the video tab but in the tool tab (fork tool) ?
There are Photo / Video / Tools tabs.
Capture.PNG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers