Flight Control Battery

Reaction score
Have just run into something a bit unusual. I have 3 batteries, I had one on charge for about 20 minutes, but then decided to charge the other 2 attaching them to my multi charger. All three started fine. I went back to check a few minutes later (they never charge fast enough) but found the first battery not charging. It got a partial charge of 67% according to GO. I tried unplugging for a bit, then starting a charge again, but it would not accept it. Decided to fly it down to 30%. I let it cool for 20 minutes after the flight, but now it will not charge. All my batteries have less than 20 flights on them and they are DJI legit.

Recommendations on what to try?

EDIT- It is charging now. Maybe not cooled down enough?

Last edited:
Try switching on the battery first and then connect with it still on.

Nigel

Assuming you are using a 3-in-1 parallel adapter, that's how they work:

The problem is that if you truly connected the 3 batteries in parallel with different charge levels, the most charged battery would provide power to the others and get discharged. So the least charged battery is charged first, until it reaches the level of the second, then both start charging, and so on

Exactly the parallel charger I have. Charger came with no info. What does switch do under number display? Appreciate the help. Good stuff!

Gotta love eBay sellers who don't even bother to include instructions :) (full disclosure: I got one without instructions, too and I even had to resolder one of the battery pins, which was skewed to the point of not inserting properly)

It alternates between voltage and estimated remaining charge time in minutes (the estimate is not that precise, but that's inevitable due to how smart batteries charge). Voltage (at least for mine) seems to be pretty accurate, on the other hand

All those chargers are a clone of this: Phantom 3 Multi-Battery Rapid Charger Adapter Info Guide

Exactly the parallel charger I have. Charger came with no info. What does switch do under number display? Appreciate the help. Good stuff!

Same one I have, although never used. I was able to find some instructions somewhere, but I cannot say if they are correct or not. Here the notes I took:
With original DJI adapter, press switch down (some says it bypasses the resistors and gives straight negative to the batteries). If using external charger, switch must be up. LED Display shows voltage and charging time remaining. When charging 1 battery, use BAT3. When charging 2 batteries, use BAT3 and BAT2.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4