Flight clubs

Reaction score
Hi there I was wondering how I can get involved with a flight club to fly my new PVP2, I'm a noobe, and I just signed up, I live in NYC and want to fly in an open area with no obstruction.

Thrash113 said:
Hi there I was wondering how I can get involved with a flight club to fly my new PVP2, I'm a noobe, and I just signed up, I live in NYC and want to fly in an open area with no obstruction.

Look in the Regional Meet-ups thread section or contact your local hobby shop(s).

You should be able to do a search for RC flight clubs in your area. Note that most will require you to obtain an AMA membership to join and fly at their field. As a Phantom owner, an AMA membership isn't a bad idea on its own. Most RC clubs seem geared towards fixed wing aircraft, as open space and a decent runway are required for takeoff, landing, and flight. One of the main advantages to owning a quad (or a copter) is you can take off from virtually anywhere.

Thanks a lot dirty bird, I'm gonna check into that. This is a great site. I'm glad I signed up. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I see it full of knowledgeable people willing to share.

Has anyone had any experience with a local RC flight club? I'm wondering how accepting they are if you show up at the airfield with AMA membership card and drone in hand. I'm just not picturing a warm reception for a guy with a drone. (Btw.. I'm in awe of those flying the RC planes and doing tricks without getting confused with the sticks. I don't know how they do it without FPV.) I'm thinking of approaching them with an offer to take aerial photos of the group and their flights to break the ice, if need be.

I had the same concerns. I met some guys flying the RC planes and they told me about the AMA. So I've joined. Every one so far has been very nice and enjoyed flying with the Phantom. This weekend I'll be trying a new location.... hope it goes just a well.

Has anyone had any experience with a local RC flight club? I'm wondering how accepting they are if you show up at the airfield with AMA membership card and drone in hand. I'm just not picturing a warm reception for a guy with a drone. (Btw.. I'm in awe of those flying the RC planes and doing tricks without getting confused with the sticks. I don't know how they do it without FPV.) I'm thinking of approaching them with an offer to take aerial photos of the group and their flights to break the ice, if need be.
There is a club around 12 miles from me...( Doyalston) south of Newcastle NSW Aussue) ..yes mostly fixed wing...jets and WW2 scaled replicas seem to be the thing now...from photo I get on their website...although they do set aside an area for quad flyers. As yet....I went up one Saturday.....nobody there!

Dang... I totally pictured fights to the death being recorded by phantoms..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj