Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Flight Characteristics of P2 vs P3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mirrorimage, Dec 21, 2015.

1. mirrorimage

I currently have a Phantom 3 Professional (2 if you count a flyaway). I've been thinking about purchasing a Phantom 2 to "hack" on. There's a lot more modification stuff out there. Does the Phantom 2 fly similarly to the Phantom 3? How about the Phantom 1? Hopefully nearly as easy? If so what model? I want one where I can hookup my own camera hardware and make modifications.

Something I'm not willing to do to my Prized Phantom 3.

2. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

The P3 flies better but the P2 is no slouch either. The P3 has a new FC that is more accurate than the P2. The P3 also has ESC braking which allows it to maneuver more aggressively. The P2 is still great to fly.

mirrorimage likes this.
  3. mirrorimage

They use wifi instead of light bridge right? So once I fly beyond say 500 feet I'm no longer getting a video preview is this correct?

4. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

Depends. P2V uses WiFi. P2 non-vision uses FASST which is the best of the bunch.

5. mirrorimage

I think I'm starting to get it. I thought it was wifi between the bird and the phone. It's just wifi between controller and phone, and then a regular video transmitter between bird, controller right? So I don't lose video signal where wifi signal normally drops off… It's just a cheeper form of wireless video not like lightbridge?