Flight attitude bad? Or something else?

Reaction score
This is probably a simple matter and doesnt seem to affect my flight, but when I take off and go vertically fast I notice the light blinks red twice then if I hover seems to go back into green mode.

I was reading the wiki on the lights and the only think I can figure is that my "flight atitude is bad"?

http://wiki.dji-innovations.com/en/inde ... escription

What do you guys think?

{update} I think this is just my GPS (+/-5) lock.. Strange it happens everytime I lift off fast though..

When you give a quick ascending command, all 4 motors require a lot of power from the battery pack so much so that the voltage drops below the first stage FS setting, so you see the "warning" RED. But once you are back to hover, the voltage is back above the FS setting, thus no more warning RED flashes.
This is normal especially when the pack is not at its full capacity.

tanasit said:
When you give a quick ascending command, all 4 motors require a lot of power from the battery pack so much so that the voltage drops below the first stage FS setting, so you see the "warning" RED. But once you are back to hover, the voltage is back above the FS setting, thus no more warning RED flashes.

Oh good. I was hoping for a simple explanation! Is that documented sonewhere?

Glockindahaus said:
This is probably a simple matter and doesnt seem to affect my flight, but when I take off and go vertically fast I notice the light blinks red twice then if I hover seems to go back into green mode.

I was reading the wiki on the lights and the only think I can figure is that my "flight atitude is bad"?

http://wiki.dji-innovations.com/en/inde ... escription

What do you guys think?

{update} I think this is just my GPS (+/-5) lock.. Strange it happens everytime I lift off fast though..

Thats not a bad idea. I might just do that when my new under chassis arrives. I should have more area to attach with. THanks!!

Glockindahaus said:
tanasit said:

Oh good. I was hoping for a simple explanation! Is that documented sonewhere?

It is the common known issue because many of us use the in flight voltage monitor of some types.
So when the crafts pull more current from the battery pack, the voltage will drop (also called voltage sags) but it will go back up when the current is being used less unlike the capacity which always goes down and never comes back.
In fact, if you're using OSD you can see the numbers and the RED flash are in sync to confirm the above explanation.

Yea, I have no doubt that s it. I should have my EZosd in the next few days, so I will be better informed on voltage draws. Thanks again for the insight.

tanasit said:
Glockindahaus said:
Yea, I have no doubt that s it. I should have my EZosd in the next few days, so I will be better informed on voltage draws. Thanks again for the insight.

You may want to get the pack capacity reader in % below so you can play with the voltage FS setting so that at the end of the flight, your pack should have 20% left.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ecker.html

Yea, thats the one I ordered (twice, because it was broke the 1st time).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic