Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Flight Atl/Radar Function circle

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Prylar Bek, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Prylar Bek

So I noticed that after my first two sorties that the circle around this function in the lower left hand corner was green. All good. On the final flight it turned yellow/orange, indicating..."home point not available..." (according to page 34 of manual. I changed nothing...same loc, same everything, full green lights on crew boot Any ideas why? Thanks.

2. BlackTracer

That color indicates "dynamic home point available" or "not available". Little different, but different nonetheless. So this is related to your device GPS location able to comm with the Phantom. Maybe you lost device GPS for some reason? Not likely, I know.

3. Prylar Bek

No. It Was flying in GPS mode as far as I knew. Wierd

4. Prylar Bek

I re read your post. I don't think my iPhone lost com with the PTV2. I remember flying and keeping track of the attitude and other data as I was experimenting with the diff modes and such and I was getting continuous readings. Oh well

5. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

You have to have good GPS signal on your phone to be able to use dynamic home point.
    Your Phantom up in the sky had good signal but was your phone getting a good GPS signal down on the ground?

6. Prylar Bek

Yes. Showed 10 sats easy and full bars phone service. So I think I was ok. I had noticed the circle had changed colors but it had no effect on flying behavior that I coukd tell